Breaded clams in tomato sauce. Stir the clams into the tomato sauce and heat through, stirring. Add the parsley or cilantro, stir again, and serve in wide soup bowls. Drizzle a little olive oil and a few drops of lemon juice over each serving if you wish.
Stir in the parsley, adjust the seasoning if necessary and serve with plenty of crusty bread. In this version, we make a sauce from the ripe tomatoes and garlic, which is slightly different than the traditional recipe. It is a quick and simple recipe that is colorful and appealing for breakfast, or as a mid-afternoon or evening snack. You can cook Breaded clams in tomato sauce using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Breaded clams in tomato sauce
- Prepare of Clam ingredients.
- It's 1 can of drained clams.
- It's 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- It's 1 of salt and pepper.
- It's 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese.
- It's 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped garlic.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/3 cup of either heavy cream or sour cream.
- You need of Sauce.
- It's 1 1/2 cup of Tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 of red pepper flakes to taste.
- You need 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
Photo "Clams in tomato sauce" can be used for personal and commercial purposes according to the conditions of the purchased Royalty-free license. Fettuccine with Clams and Tomato Sauce. Vongole Italiane in Salsa di Pomodoro (Italian Clams in Tomato Sauce) is a classic Italian seafood dish. Add clams, corn, lemon juice and tomato sauce.
Breaded clams in tomato sauce step by step
- In a sauce pan set on medium high add butter, onion and garlic and cook until the onion is almost translucent (about 3-4 mins) and mix together the parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and bread crumbs..
- Coat the clams in the bread crumb mix and add to the pan. Cook until the clams are lightly browned..
- Add the remaining ingredients (except cream) to the pan and turn heat to medium low and cook until thickened (about 10 minutes) then add cream, cook another 3-4 minutes and serve over pasta of your choice..
Season with fresh basil and salt and pepper to taste. Serve clams with toasted bread and reserved garlic mayo. My husband is on a low sodium diet, so didn't use it with bread, instead put it over spiralized zucchini for me and whole wheat pasta for him. This recipe for Easy Homemade Tomato Sauce shows how simple it can be to make spaghetti sauce from scratch right in your own kitchen. Serve with pasta and a side of warm Homemade Garlic Bread for an easy weeknight dinner everyone will enjoy!