You can have Hamburger Gravy using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hamburger Gravy
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of onion.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour.
- It's 3 cup of milk.
- It's 1 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chicken bouillon.
- You need 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
Hamburger Gravy step by step
- Crumble ground beef into a skillet big enough to hold the gravy. Brown the beef until just about finished, and add the onion..
- When the onion is soft remove drippings if needed, leave enough to coat the skillet. Leaner beef may need fat added..
- Add the flour and cook it for a minute or two. If the flour is dry, add a little oil or drippings..
- Add the milk in batches while stirring, thickening each time. Prevent pan from cooling down!! Add the butter, bouillon, salt, and pepper..
- Once thickened taste for needed seasonings! Serve over mashed potatoes, rice, noodles, biscuits, bread, or even fried potatoes..
- Very versatile as for seasonings, I add different stuff just about every time..