Hamburger Steak with Gravy. Watch me make these Hamburger Steaks w/ Onion Gravy from start to finish! Lord have mercy…there are just some meals that are the epitome of southern comfort food like hamburger steak and gravy! The recipe I'm sharing with you today is for a country hamburger steak with no bells or whistles.
A hearty dinner that combines Progresso™ bread crumbs with beef Return patties to skillet; spoon gravy over patties. Hamburger Steak and Gravy - a satisfying family-favorite meal that only uses less ingredients without compromising the taste. Made with ground beef steak and soaked in an onion mushroom gravy that is to-die for! You can have Hamburger Steak with Gravy using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hamburger Steak with Gravy
- Prepare 1 pound of Hamburger meat.
- It's 1 of egg.
- You need 1 cup of breadcrumbs.
- It's of Black Pepper.
- You need of Garlic Salt.
- Prepare of Seasoning salt.
- You need of Onion soup mix.
- It's 1/4 cup of oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- It's 2 cups of brown gravy.
Pure comfort food that comes easily together! Combine all gravy ingredients in a bowl, mixing well with a whisk. Pour into skillet, stirring constantly until thickened. Taste and adjust salt and pepper; can also add a little more seasoned salt.
Hamburger Steak with Gravy step by step
- I did not measure any of the spices, so it's really up to your taste. Mix Hamburger meat, egg, breadcrumbs, and spices together in a bowl..
- Pour the oil in a pan, I used a deep skillet so I can make the gravy in the same pan, and turn on medium heat..
- Make some hamburger patties in put in the pan when the oil is heated up..
- Cook on both sides until meat no longer runs pink, about 5 minutes on each side..
- Place patties on a plate and throw the flour in the pan to make the gravy with the droppings and oil. Make sure the flour is browned and then pour the beef broth in the pan. Whisk until thickened..
- Pair with mashed potatoes and your favorite veggies and enjoy!.
Add stock and remaining salt and pepper; bring to a boil. This delectable Hamburger Steak with Country Gravy combines ground beef patties, bread crumbs and a perfect blend of spices in creamy country gravy. These patties are onion free making them super kid friendly however if you like onions please feel free to add them. Hamburger Steaks with Tomato Gravy: Prepare as above, except substitute chicken broth for the beef. Omit the Kitchen Bouquet and mushrooms.