Cheesy Stuffed Green Bell Peppers.
You can cook Cheesy Stuffed Green Bell Peppers using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheesy Stuffed Green Bell Peppers
- You need 4 of large green bell peppers.
- It's of Salt.
- You need 1 lb of lean ground mince.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, finely chopped.
- It's 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 1 of chicken (or beef) boullion cube.
- It's 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- It's 1 teaspoon of Greek seasoning.
- You need 1 (14 oz) of tin diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 cup of cooked long grain rice.
- It's 1 cup of (+ extra) grated hard cheese, eg cheddar.
Cheesy Stuffed Green Bell Peppers step by step
- Cut off the tops of the green peppers so that they are all the same height. Remove and discard the seeds and membranes. Keep the tops..
- Finely chop the tops of the peppers after discarding the stalks..
- Place whole peppers in a pan of boiling water so they are completely covered. Boil for 5 minutes. Remove and drain upside down on paper towel..
- Lightly sprinkle the inside of the peppers with salt..
- Meanwhile, brown the ground beef in a skillet, breaking up any lumps. Add the chopped onion and tops of green pepper and cook until tender..
- Add the minced garlic, boullion cube, Worcestershire sauce and Greek seasoning. Stir and cook for 3 minutes..
- Add the tin of diced tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Add the cooked rice and cup of grated cheese. Stir to combine and heat through..
- Stuff the green peppers with the beef mixture..
- Place the stuffed green peppers in a baking dish, cover with foil and cook in 350°F oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, add remaining cheese to top of peppers and cook uncovered for a further 5 minutes..
- Serve with a vegetable side or salad. Enjoy!.