Clams in white wine sauce. A splash of white wine and a sprinkling of basil simmer right along with garlic, parsley and clams, enlivening the basic sauce for this delightful clam linguini. Add the liquid from the clams, parsley, white wine, basil, and salt and stir well. Stir in clams until heated through.
Unfortunately, often cheaper wine is used, leading to the infamous hangover the next morning. EAT SMARTER has come up with a recipe so that you can try this European winter tradition at home without the dreaded. Steamed Clams Recipe - I love clams steamed in white wine, garlic, and butter. You can have Clams in white wine sauce using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Clams in white wine sauce
- It's 1 package of frozen baby clams OR 2 lbs of fresh clams.
- It's 1/2 of salted butter.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It's of Small pinch of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of minced shallot.
- Prepare 3 of minced garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- Prepare 1 package of dry spaghetti noodles.
- It's 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil.
I typically top them off with fresh parsley and a lemon wedge - with Add wine and increase heat to medium-high until wine is brought to a simmering boil. This steamed clam with a white wine butter sauce is a quick and easy recipe that is perfect to make when you can get ahold of fresh littleneck clams! Add the wine and whisk all together. Add clams and heat just until they open.
Clams in white wine sauce step by step
- Fill large pot with cold water and allow to come to boil. Once water comes to a boil, add a few pinches of salt and I teaspooon of olive oil. Add pasta to cook..
- Melt butter in large fry pan. Add minced garlic and shallot. Sautee until they become translucent. Add clams and continue to stir. Add salt/pepper/pepper flakes. Stir all ingredients to incorporate everything together over medium heat. Add white wine and place lid tightly over clams to continue cooking until clams open.. about 8 minutes..
- Once pasta is ready, add pasta to pan. Add a few tablespoons of the pasta water to tighten up sauce. Finally finish with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes. Allow to sit a few minutes (it will thicken up slightly). Serve with crusty bread and a glass of white wine!.
Discard any that do not open. Watch our video recipe on how to make clams in white wine sauce, one of Spain´s most popular seafood tapas. Easy to make and super delicious. The secret to this recipe is to buy the freshest clams you can find, as well as use a decent white wine from La Rioja. Watch the video recipe below. ¼ Cup of White Wine.