Mediterranean stuffed chicken breasts. I used these chicken breasts to make mediterranean inspired chicken rice bowls, which I will be posting in the next few days. Pierce chicken with fork several times and sprinkle with salt and pepper. This versatile stuffed chicken breast dish is easy enough for a weeknight supper but elegant enough for company.
Browning the chicken in a skillet before baking gives it a beautiful golden color, and finishing it in the oven. In my first apartment, I started cooking chicken with feta and sundried tomatoes. Now I serve it with rice pilaf and a salad. —Amanda Rochette, Watertown, Massachusetts. You can have Mediterranean stuffed chicken breasts using 11 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mediterranean stuffed chicken breasts
- Prepare 4 of chicken breasts.
- It's 2 cup of white mushrooms finely diced.
- You need 1/4 cup of sun dried tomatoes in oil finely diced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of black olives finely diced.
- It's 1/2 tablespoon of dry oregano.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need to taste of fresh ground black pepper.
- You need of fresh basil leafs.
- Prepare 4 tablespoon of goat cheese (I've used spreadable type, black pepper seasonned).
- You need 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 2 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar.
I added minced garlic and a little fresh squeezed lemon juice to the stuffing mix. I topped the breast pieces with lemon pepper instead of just plain salt and pepper. Our Mediterranean chicken is stuffed with nutritious and tasty ingredients like kalamata olives and sun-dried tomatoes, and it's easy to prepare. The next time you're looking for healthy chicken recipes, look to the tangy and earthy ingredients of the Mediterranean!
Mediterranean stuffed chicken breasts instructions
- Preheat oven at 400°..
- In a bowl, mix mushrooms with sun dried tomatoes, black olives, garlic powder and oregano, reserve..
- In an other bowl, mix olive oil and balsamic vinegar, reserve..
- Cut chicken breasts length wise to make pocket, reserve..
- Spread goat cheese inside each chicken breast, on both sides..
- Cover inside of chicken breasts with fresh basil leafs, as needed..
- Fill in pocket with mushroom mix..
- Close pocket with toothpicks..
- Brush top and bottom of chicken breasts with oil and vinegar mix..
- Put on baking sheet covered with parchemin paper and cook in preheated oven for 20 minutes..
- Broil for couple of minutes..
- Serve with side salad and hot bread or any sidedish you want..
These stuffed chicken breasts may seem complicated, but in reality, couldn't be simpler. Serve with cauliflower rice or your favorite vegetable. Fill each with the olive mixture. Lay the chicken breasts in your crockpot and brush with the oil. Today's Mediterranean chicken recipe came together very much on a whim.