Roasted Ham with Honey Glaze.
You can cook Roasted Ham with Honey Glaze using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roasted Ham with Honey Glaze
- Prepare of Honey glaze.
- Prepare 100 grams of Honey.
- You need 2 tbsp of Water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ＊ Ginger.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ＊ Coriander (powdered).
- You need 1 tsp of ＊ Grand fennel (powdered).
- It's 3 clove of ＊ Garlic.
- It's 1 large of ＊ Bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 of ＊ Cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 1 of ＊ Red chili pepper.
- It's 1 tsp of ＊ Star anise (powdered).
- It's 1 large of leaf ＊ Bay leaf.
- You need 2 tsp of ＊ Orange zest.
- It's 100 ml of ● Brandy.
- You need 2 tbsp of ● Soy sauce and meat juices as needed.
- It's of Roast ham.
- Prepare 1 1/5 kg of ♢ Pork.
- Prepare 1 of ♢ Salt and pepper (a generous sprinkling).
- It's 100 ml of each ♢ White wine, water.
Roasted Ham with Honey Glaze step by step
- (I used pork that was tied up with string. If you use one that isn't tied, tie it yourself using string so that it keeps a nice shape.) Preheat the oven to 160°C..
- Season with lots of salt and pepper. Place the ♢ ingredients into a heat-resistant container or pot..
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in an oven preheated to 325°F (160°C). Bake for 2 1/2 - 3 hours..
- This what it will look like midway through. You don't need to ladle the juices over the meat..
- (20 minutes before it's done baking) Measure out the honey and add 100 g to a pot. I recommend using a deep pot for this. Turn the heat to medium. Add 2 tablespoons of water and mix..
- Measure out the ＊ ingredients..
- After 7-8 minutes the glaze will be a caramel color....
- Add the prepared ingredients from Step 6..
- Add the ● ingredients and lower the heat to medium-low..
- Add the roasted ham and the strained meat juices and bring to a simmer..
- Turn the ham and let it simmer. Repeat these two steps, watching carefully. This should take about 20 minutes (adjust the heat so that it doesn't boil over)..
- Once the entire ham is glazed, it's done. Cut the string with scissors and serve..