Honey Baked Ham.
You can cook Honey Baked Ham using 7 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Honey Baked Ham
- It's 1 of ham.
- You need 1 packages of brown sugar, I use dark.
- It's 1 cup of honey.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground cloves.
- It's 1 pinch of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- You need 2 cup of apple juice or cider.
Honey Baked Ham instructions
- You will want to cut (score) your ham. Your knife cuts should he about half inch deep. Cut across at angel from both sides to make diamond shapes. Place ham in preheated oven at 400 for 25 mins. While ham is in the oven, mix all ingredients into a bowl and will make a paste like glaze. After the 25 mins, remove ham and apply thick glaze all over ham. use a basting brush and coat well. Place back in oven for 25 mins on 350. Repeat these steps as often as you like. I do it 7 or 8 times. Once done, you then take brown sugar and rub and pat evenly all over the ham and then take a blow torch to the ham all over. As you do this you will see the brown sugar buble and brown which then crystalizes it. This will provide the crisp/hard sweet sugar top coat like a honey baked ham. I cover and place in fridge over night and serve cold, but you can serve warm. What ever you like. Best ham I have ever had. You can garnish however you like, fresh fruit, veggies, again what ever you like..