Kori's spinach, ham, hash brown crust quiche. Spray the bottom of a casserole dish with nonstick spray. It's Canadian bacon Mary which is basically cooked ham. If you were to use real bacon, they yes I would cook it first and then crumble it.
Love quiche, love spinach, love ham and every other ingredient in here! Reviews for: Photos of Ham and Hash Brown Quiche. I like the idea of using hash browns as the crust instead of a pie crust. You can cook Kori's spinach, ham, hash brown crust quiche using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kori's spinach, ham, hash brown crust quiche
- It's 20 oz of shredded hash brownz.
- It's 18 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 cup of baby spinach.
- Prepare 2 cup of mushrooms sliced.
- You need 1 of medium onion.
- It's 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese shredded.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 lb of spiral sliced ham.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of half and half.
- Prepare 18 of eggs.
Also, the original recipe could use more eggs and milk because the three eggs in the original recipe are absorbed by the hash. Hash browns meet quiche in this healthy recipe. Hash browns meet quiche in this healthy recipe. Shredded potatoes create a gluten-free crust for this bacon and spinach-studded quiche that's sure to be a crowd-pleasing breakfast or brunch.
Kori's spinach, ham, hash brown crust quiche step by step
- Spray the bottom of a casserole dish with nonstick spray. 9 inch by 13 inch is what I used.
- Spread 20 ounces of hash browns on the bottom of the casserole dish then broil in the oven for 20 minutes until hash browns are golden brown. I used a 20 oz package of preshredded potatoes..
- Saute 2 cups of sliced mushrooms and one medium onion sliced, until just tender..
- On top of the browned hash browns, add the sauteed mushrooms and onions, the cup of spinach, and the pound of spiral sliced ham..
- Beat 18 eggs with 1/2 cup of half and half. Season with salt and pepper..
- Pour beaten eggs over the assembled ingredients. Add 1/2 cup of cheese on top..
- Bake at 400°F for 45 minutes until center is done. Poke with a fork to see if eggs are done. The fork will come out not covered in eggs if the center is done..
Gently press the drained hash browns between paper towels to dry them as best as possible. Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. When the hash brown crust is ready pour the egg mixture over it and return to the oven. A classic quiche lorraine with a hash brown crust! I bet your local brunch bistro doesn't have this on their menu….so how about having brunch at home "This tastes like a cross between a hash brown, quiche and potato dauphinoise gratin.