Light Baked Chicken Taquitos. These easy Baked Chicken Taquitos are stuffed with chicken and cheese and make a great Baked Chicken TAQUITOS! It is a fun word to say so I don't blame A light meal yet filling with the addition of Mexican rice I will add twice as much cheese next time. How to Make Baked Chicken Taquitos.
They're like mini rolled tacos and you can fill them with all your favorite meats or vegetarian fillings (like Canola oil - light olive oil or vegetable oil can be substituted. Yellow onion - red onion will work great too. Garlic - use fresh garlic for best flavor. You can cook Light Baked Chicken Taquitos using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Light Baked Chicken Taquitos
- You need 16 small of Flour Tortillas.
- It's of Chicken & Marinade.
- You need 16 oz of Ground Chicken.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Canola Oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Worcestershire Sauce.
- It's 2 clove of Garlic.
- It's 1/4 of White Onion.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Greek Oregano Leaves (or marjoram).
- You need 1/2 tsp of Ground Mustard Seed.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Ground Red Pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 pinch of Ground Black Pepper.
- You need of Chipotle Dip.
- You need 1 cup of Light Sour Cream.
- You need 2 tsp of Minced Chipotles in Adobo.
- It's 3/4 tsp of Salt.
Baked Chicken Taquitos - Homemade taquitos are so easy! We love these crispy, crunchy chicken taquitos-the filling is so good! (gluten-free, dairy-free). Take your favorite taco filling, roll it up in a corn tortilla and then fry or bake them! To keep things lighter, I used a nice chicken filling and baked.
Light Baked Chicken Taquitos instructions
- Mince garlic and oregano leaves, dice onion and place all in a medium mixing bowl. Add remained of marinade ingredients and stir to mix completely. Add ground chicken and with your hands or rubber spatula, gently stir until mixed thoroughly. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours..
- Mix chipotle dip ingredients and refrigerate until ready to use..
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Pour in chicken mixture and saute for 7-8 minutes stirring constantly. Cover and continue to cook for 5 minutes. Uncover and break up meat into small pieces. Turn heat to high and cook until liquid has evaporated..
- For each taquito, place a spoonful lengthwise along center of tortilla. Roll to close it and place seam side down in a cooking sprayed baking dish. Repeat until all filling has been used. Lightly spray the tops of all taquitos with cooking spray to help them crisp..
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes. Serve with chipotle dip..
Crispy baked chicken taquitos with a chicken and cheese filling. These taquitos are freezer friendly for quick dinners! The whole family will love them! If you were to ask me which recipes on my website I can't live without, these baked chicken taquitos would be one of the first that I would name. Chicken Diabetic Friendly Hearty Light and Healthy Mains Starters.