You can have Rotel Chicken using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rotel Chicken
- You need of main ingredients.
- It's 1 lb of of Velveeta.
- You need 1 can of rotel.
- You need 1 can of cream of mushroom.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of celery.
- Prepare 1 lb of of chicken boiled and cut up.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
- Prepare 1 bag of of nacho cheese Doritos.
- Prepare 1 of Cajun seasoning.
- It's 1 of Chipotle chili pepper.
- It's 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 1 of fresh ground black pepper.
- It's 1 of ground cumin (I use 1/2 teaspoon).
- Prepare 1 tsp of to a 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic.
Rotel Chicken step by step
- HEAT OVEN TO 375. In a large bowl mix both cans of soup with Rotel. If you want to add any of the above seasonings do it at this time..
- After mixed well cut your Velveeta into very small cubes adding to your mix..
- Cut or shredd your chicken. Put a small amount of the soup mix into a casserole dish 9x13. Then place all your chicken on top of that. Adding the rest of your mixture of soup/rotel. Top with shredded cheese don't over do it with the cheese. It will boil over when cooking. I place a cookie sheet under my casserole dish while cooking. Cook for 30 minutes to 45 minutes..
- Take out the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes. Make your plate and add crushed nacho chips..
- Note: most of these kinds of recipes say cook the chips but if you have leftovers the chips get mushy. You end up wasting what is left. You can add cream cheese also for a different taste. But make sure you only use 1/2 lb of Velveeta if you do. You can replace with cream a chicken also instead of what is in the recipe above. This can be mixed up a day before being cooked just make sure to put it in as you heat the oven and add some cooking time to it..