Chicken Chimichanga. My family absolutely loves this easy Chicken Chimichangas recipe! A large flour tortilla filled with shredded chicken, refried beans, cheese, salsa and spices. This is just homestyle food that tastes amazing!
Here is a delicious recipe for a super crunchy cheesy chimichanga. You can use store brand flour tortillas or for a tasty version, you can make tour own. I believe that this chicken chimichanga is more of a Tex-Mex recipe than a traditional Mexican recipe, but either way - it's so good! You can cook Chicken Chimichanga using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Chimichanga
- You need 4 of Large tortillas.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 of Sour cream, guacomole, salsa to garnish - optional.
- Prepare of For the stuffing.
- It's 1 of large onion chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of diced peppers.
- You need 1 cup of sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare 300 grams of boneless skinless chicken breast, cut and diced.
- It's 1 of Freshly ground black peppers and cayenne pepper to taste.
- It's 1 of A pinch of dried mexican oregano.
- It's 1/2 tbsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Shredded Cheddar cheese or Pepper jack cheese.
- You need 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 of Chilli powder or hot smoked paprika or chipotle to taste.
I believe it's supposed to a copycat of Chi Chi's chimichanga recipe. Chicken Chimichangas that are baked and stuffed with chicken, rice, spices, cheese and more. Much like the burrito, the chimichanga is one of the tastiest Mexican foods you can find. Heat a pot over medium heat.
Chicken Chimichanga instructions
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and add the diced onions, sliced peppers and mushrooms. Give it a good pinch of salt, which helps them cook fast..
- Saute the veggies until the mushroom is golden brown and onions are translucent..
- Add the chicken, and saute it until it is cooked and restores its color..
- Add chilli powder, dried oregano, cumin powder and cook it a couple of minutes..
- Turn off the heat and combine the mixture in the bowl. You can deglaze the skillet using some cold water to retain the flavour. Add cheese to the mixture and set aside..
- Warm the tortillas in a skillet for 2 minutes, 1 minute on each side..
- Fill the tortillas with the veggie mixture and fold the tortillas. Use egg whites to seal the edges..
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400°F. Before popping the tortillas in the oven, give them a very shallow fry for 2 minutes to make the top and bottom layer crispy..
- Pop them into the oven for 15 minutes and once done serve them with sour cream, guacomole and salsa (optional)..
Add the chicken, onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, salt, and pepper into the pot. Tortillas filled with a chicken, rice, beans and olive mixture - rolled, fried and topped with a piquant avocado mix, sour cream and cheese, all served on a bed of lettuce. This Chicken Chimichanga Recipe has flour tortillas that are filled with chicken, beans and cheese and. Baked chicken chimichangas are easy and healthier to make at home. You're gonna love making Mexican food at home!