Lemon Chess Pie.
You can cook Lemon Chess Pie using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemon Chess Pie
- It's 4 each of eggs.
- It's 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of white cornmeal.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of butter, melted.
- You need 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 5 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It's 1 tbsp of lemon zest.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It's 1 of pie crust.
Lemon Chess Pie instructions
- preheat oven to 350°F..
- whisk eggs to blend.
- Add each of the ingredients through vanilla extract in order, completely incorporating one before adding the next.
- Pour filling into the pie crust and bake in the middle of the oven for 30-40 minutes, until the pie is golden on top and almost set. The center of the pie should remain slightly loose; it will set as it cools.
- cool completely before cutting.