Annabel Karmels Baby Shakshuka.
You can cook Annabel Karmels Baby Shakshuka using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Annabel Karmels Baby Shakshuka
- You need 50 g of courgette, finely diced.
- Prepare of Garlic clove, crushed.
- Prepare 50 g of potatoes, peeled and finely diced.
- It's 1/4 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground coriander.
- You need Pinch of cinnamon.
- You need 400 g of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of tomato puree.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fresh thyme, chopped (dried thyme is fine aswell).
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, finely diced.
- You need 1/2 of red or yellow pepper, finely diced.
- You need 1 of pitta bread.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of heaped tsp of sugar (optional).
Annabel Karmels Baby Shakshuka instructions
- Heat the olive oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion, pepper, courgette and potato and fry for 2-3 minutes..
- Add the garlic and spices and cook for a further 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes, thyme, sugar and tomato puree. Bring up to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are soft and the sauce has reduced and thickened..
- Make two holes in the mixture, crack the eggs into each holes and continue to simmer for about 10 minutes or until the egg whites are set but the egg yolks are runny..
- Toast the pitta bread and cut into fingers for dipping..