Chicken with ragout and crusty bread. Tender chicken and spicy andouille sausage are simmered in a thick Cajun-inspired stew with bacon, bell peppers, onions, celery, garlic, and spices. Chicken thighs stay moist and succulent during slow cooking, infusing the accompanying vegetables with superb flavor. This Chicken Ragout Dinner is the perfect meal for your whole family.
Serve with a loaf of crusty bread and salad then. Serve this homey, full-flavored dish with a crusty loaf of bread and a fresh green salad. Serve with a loaf of crusty bread for a simple, hearty meal. You can have Chicken with ragout and crusty bread using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken with ragout and crusty bread
- Prepare 1 loaf of crusty bread.
- You need 4 piece of chicken, skin on.
- It's 1 tsp of dried rosemary.
- It's 1 pinch of black pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 1 of onion.
- It's 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 of aubergine (eggplant!).
- Prepare 1 of courgette.
- It's 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 185 ml of wine, dry white (such as sauvignon blanc).
- Prepare 1 can of chopped tomatoes.
Season chicken all over with salt and pepper. Deli-roasted chicken is the secret to Paula Marchesi's super-quick family favorite in Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania. PAULA'S TIP: "I like to serve this fail-proof meal-in-one with crusty Italian bread. This chicken ragout main dish is an easy choice for dinner.
Chicken with ragout and crusty bread instructions
- Heat the oven to 180 C. Season the chicken with olive oil, rosemary and black pepper, and place into the oven..
- Meanwhile, chop the onion, garlic and aubergine and fry in a little olive oil until softened..
- Chop the courgette and add to the pan and cook for 5 minutes or until the edges of the aubergine are brown and softened..
- Add a glass of dry white wine and 1 tsp each of dried thyme and rosemary and simmer until the wine has reduced by half..
- Add the tomatoes to the pan and add 1 tbsp harisa, and simmer tmtgj the ragout is nice and thick and the chicken has pulled away from the bone (approx 30 mins)..
- Serve with some nice crusty bread..
Made with carrots, onion, mushrooms, and tomatoes and flavored with rosemary and thyme, it cooks in the slow cooker and is View image. Chicken Ragout. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Recipe: Mushroom Ragout with Spinach-Parm PolentaCategory: VegetarianHow long does it take? Spoon over the polenta and sprinkle with extra Parmesan. Serve with a side salad and crusty bread for dipping.