Ratatouille with Garlic Bread. "I can't make ratatouille without thinking of Remy, the adorable cartoon rat," says Rach. Ratatouille can be eaten on its own or served with meat, fish or, in this case, with garlic bread. Ratatouille is a French dish typically made with garlic, onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, zucchini, and eggplant.
In this video, you'll see how to make a beautiful ratatouille like they made in the animated movie. Thin slices of colorful vegetables, including squash, bell peppers, zucchini, and eggplant, are arranged above a garlicky tomato sauce and baked. Then topped with delicious dollops of mascarpone cheese. You can cook Ratatouille with Garlic Bread using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ratatouille with Garlic Bread
- It's 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 of onion medium , chopped.
- It's 1 pound of okra , stem ends trimmed.
- Prepare 3 of tomatoes large.
- You need 1/2 pound of yellow squash , cut into dice 1/4 - inch.
- It's 1 teaspoon 1/2 teaspoons of thyme chopped fresh or dried.
- You need 1/4 cup of red bell pepper diced.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of pepper freshly ground.
- It's 1 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic , finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of basil chopped fresh.
- It's 4 of brown bread cut into halves slices.
- It's 5 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need 2 tbsps of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 tsp of cheese spread.
The traditional Provençal combination of eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, garlic, and onions flavors this dish. You can also try sheep's milk Pecorino-Romano cheese in place of Parmesan if you like its distinctly sharper taste. Halve one or two of the garlic cloves and rub cut sides on the grilled bread. To serve, arrange ratatouille, grilled bread and goat cheese on a large platter.
Ratatouille with Garlic Bread instructions
- Heat oil in a large pot over high heat. Add garlic, onions,yellow squash and bell pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are seared and starting to soften, about 5 minutes..
- Stir in okra, tomatoes, water(if needed), thyme, salt and pepper; bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat to maintain a low simmer; partially cover and simmer, stirring often, until the vegetables are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat and add basil, oregano,paprika. Serve warm with garlic bread..
- Mix butter, cheese spread and minced garlic to form a thick paste..
- Apply a thin layer of this mixture on one side of the sliced bread..
- Roast the bread over a skillet on medium heat till the bread turns crisp(about 5 minutes).
- Serve with Ratatouille!.
Sprinkle thyme leaves, pepper and flaky salt over goat cheese. To serve, bring the ratatouille back to a simmer over medium heat, covered, then uncover and stir in the balsamic vinegar. A roasted garlic sauce is covered in paper-thin spiced vegetables. Perfect for a summer dinner or appetizer! Wrap the foil around the garlic, place on a baking sheet, and roast.