Albondigas (meatball soup). It is our version of comfort. Albondigas Soup is a traditional Mexican soup made with juicy, herb and rice infused meatballs (albondigas), and loaded with veggies: carrots, potatoes, celery, and chayote all simmered in a bold. Overall it's a good basic meatball soup if you want to try it out and you're lacking the extra ingredients you rarely buy.
Albondigas soup, or meatball soup, is the Mexican version of the classic meatball soup dish. It features beef meatballs cooked in a very light and flavorful broth full of my favorite veggies. This albondigas soup is made with beef and rice meatballs which are simmered in a seasoned tomato broth along with potatoes, carrots and zucchini. You can have Albondigas (meatball soup) using 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Albondigas (meatball soup)
- Prepare 3 quart of beef stock.
- You need 2 of each bay leaf.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic cloves minced.
- You need 1 of medium onion minced.
- You need 1 tbsp of paprika.
- It's 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- It's 2 of each eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of cooked rice.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It's 2 tbsp of fresh mint chopped.
- It's 1/2 tsp of I oregano.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of minced onion.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced bell pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 cup of bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 3 of medium carrots diced.
- Prepare 3 of large potatoes diced.
- It's 1 of each chiote chopped.
- Prepare 2 of each zucchini chopped.
- It's 1 can of tomato sauce 8 oz.
- You need 1 can of Petit diced tomatoes.
A hearty soup that both kids and adults will enjoy! Albondigas Mexican meatball soup is a simple dish with light broth, vegetables, and meatballs flavored with chorizo. This post has been updated with. Mexican sopa de albóndigas is no exception.
Albondigas (meatball soup) step by step
- Take first 5 ingredients, sauté onions in a large pot then add remaining 4 ingredients set aside..
- Put chopped vegetables in a bowl and set aside..
- Mix remaining ingredients together and form in to meatballs..
- Bring stock to a boil carefully add meatballs and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add chopped vegetables and cook for another 30 minutes. Check to see if vegetables are done..
Divide the soup among bowls, about four or five meatballs per portion, and set out bowls of whatever garnishes you like. This warm and comforting albondigas soup recipe is packed with hearty vegetables and Mexican-style meatballs. Albondigas Soup is a delicious meatball soup with a richly flavored broth. Delicate meatballs seasoned with fresh herbs bump up the flavor and make this a satisfying dinner! This Albondigas Soup recipe is a hearty broth-based Mexican Meatball Soup, made in an Instant Pot pressure cooker, that is super flavorful with seasoned meatballs, lots of vegetables, and a flavorful.