Southern Baked Squash. Reviews for: Photos of Southern Baked Yellow Squash. View top rated Southern baked squash recipes with ratings and reviews. Asian-inspired spaghetti squash, Southern Corn Bread, Baked Apples stuffed w/ Pecan Currant Squash "Rice" &… Slap Your Mama It's So Delicious Southern Squash Casserole.
Watch me make this southern baked macaroni and cheese from start to finish! I'm pretty sure you all know This southern baked macaronis and cheese is full of soul and flavor. This Southern Squash Casserole is a fixture on any southern dining table. You can cook Southern Baked Squash using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Southern Baked Squash
- Prepare 5 lbs of Yellow Squash.
- You need 1/2 of Lg onion chopped.
- It's 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of bread crumbs.
The buttery and flavorful yellow squash casserole is perfect for entertaining but easy enough to enjoy for a weeknight supper. This Southern Baked Beans Recipe makes the best baked beans! It's a perfect side dish for so many meals and a family favorite recipe for years! So savory, scrumptious and easy to make!
Southern Baked Squash step by step
- Cut up squash into 1 inch size pieces. Place in boiling water for 10-15 mins until squash is easy to cut. Then pull from water and drain well..
- In large bowl mash squash with potato masher. Add butter, 1 cup bread crumbs, eggs, sugar, salt, and pepper. Mix well..
- Pour mashed mixture into casserole baking dish. Top with rest of bread crumbs..
- Bake in oven at 350 for 34-45 minutes. Remove from oven and serve while hot..
- HINT: I take 4 slices of bread and put in food processor until I get my crumbs for the casserole. Then I take 4 more slices and do the same for the topping. You can used store bought crumbs if you don’t have easy access to food processor..
Baked spaghetti squash makes the perfect side dish or base for your favorite pasta sauce. Baked Spaghetti Squash makes the perfect side dish on its own or is great topped with Homemade Pasta. Southern Baked Beans are like the bolder, brasher big sister of our Aussie baked beans. Whereas our beans are known as a breakfast staple, with its translucent, shiny tomato sauce, the Southern version. Finally this southern squash casserole is topped with delicious golden fried onions.