Heidi's Mini Aussie Sausage Rolls.
You can have Heidi's Mini Aussie Sausage Rolls using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Heidi's Mini Aussie Sausage Rolls
- You need 500 grams of sausage mince.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 each of small to medium finely grated carrot and zucchini.
- It's 1 of brown onion finely diced or grated.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of mixed herbs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of krummies multigrain bread crumbs.
- You need 2 tbsp of heaped bbq sauce.
- You need 3 of sheets puff pastry, thawed slightly.
Heidi's Mini Aussie Sausage Rolls instructions
- Crack 1 egg into a bowl and whisk with a pinch of salt to make an egg wash. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200°c (180 for a fan forced oven). In a large bowl, add sausage mince, veggies, the other egg, krummies and BBQ sauce.
- Mix well with clean hands.
- Cut each pastry sheet in half lengthwise. Brush all of the edges with a little of the egg. Divide the filling between each pastry sheet, spooning it along the top edge of each halved sheet.
- Roll up each strip to make a sausage shape, only without pinching in the ends. Leave them open.
- Cut each sheet into six pieces, whisk egg wash again and brush tops with it. This will give the pastry a rich golden colour.
- Place onto lightly greased baking trays and bake for 15 to 20 mins, until golden. Serve with tomato sauce or ketchup if unavailable.