Braciole with chunky tomato-mushroom sauce. Learn how to make Braciole with chunky tomato-mushroom sauce & see the Smartpoints value of this great recipe. Braciole is an Italian-American stuffed-and-rolled beef dish, usually prepared as part of an expansive Sunday family dinner. This quick and easy recipe for Spaghetti With Mushroom Tomato Pasta Sauce is a simple vegetarian pasta dish that will see you through many a You can never go wrong with mushrooms, garlic, and wine.
The grouper is seared to give it a slightly crisp crust that can hold up to the moisture from the tomato sauce topping. Use a heavy oven-proof skillet that can go from stovetop to oven. Use kitchen shears to cut the tomatoes before removing them from the can. You can cook Braciole with chunky tomato-mushroom sauce using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Braciole with chunky tomato-mushroom sauce
- You need 2 of slices of light white bread, made into coarse crumbs ( 1 cub).
- It's 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of lightly packed thinly sliced fresh basil.
- It's 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 8 of thin slices of lean beef top round ( about one pound), trimmed.
- It's 1 tsp of salt.
- It's 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of white mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 2 of zucchini, halved lengthwise and then sliced.
- You need 1 of (14 1/2- ounce) can Italian plum tomatoes, tomatoes broken up and juice reserved.
- It's 2 tbsp of chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley.
In this video I will be making tomato sauce with braciole. The sauce in this video is the sauce I made a few weeks ago. How to Make Chunky Tomato Mushroom Sauce. Add mushrooms and saute until mushrooms are done and onions are tender.
Braciole with chunky tomato-mushroom sauce instructions
- Mixed together breadcrumbs. parmesan. basil and one-third of garlic in small bowl.
- Place beef between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound with meat mallet or rolling pin until 1/8" inch thick. Sprinkle beef with half teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper. Sprinkle bread crumb mixture evenly over slices of beef, pressing gently so it adheres. Roll up each slice beginning with short side. Secure each roll with wooden pick..
- Heat oil in large heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef rolls and cook until browned on all sides, about 4 minutes. Then transfer to a plate.
- Add mushrooms, zucchini and remaining two thirds of the garlic half teaspoon salt and 1 /8 teaspoon pepper to skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are golden, about 5 minutes. Return beef with any accumulated juices to skillet and stir in tomatoes with their juice, bring to a simmer. Cook, covered, until meat is fork tender, about 30 minutes longer.
- Transfer braciole to platter, remove wooden picks. Spoon vegetables and sauce around and over the braciole. Sprinkle with parsley.
For the tomato sauce, place the puréed tomatoes, tomato paste and water into a large saucepan over a medium heat and bring the mixture to a simmer. Remove the pork bone from the sauce and discard. For the braciole, place the steak pieces between two sheets of cling film onto a strong work. This mushroom marinara sauce is so much better than any canned version! Braciole with Tomato Sauce - The little thins - Event planning, Personal celebration, Hosting occasions.