Tuna Putanesca Faux Lasagna. Puttanesca is a classic southern Italian pasta sauce made with tomatoes, capers and olives. Here, it lends a ton of flavor to a hearty but not heavy eggplant lasagna layered with ricotta and mozzarella. Celebrate special occassions with this tuna puttanesca recipe made with Mega Tuna Flakes in Oil variant! #TunaliciousCravings #TunaRecipe #TunaPuttanesca.
See more ideas about Tuna, Ethnic recipes and Food. DIRECTIONS Remove from heat and gently stir in Tuna. Layer Lasagna noodles, tuna mix and sauce in a casserole dish. You can cook Tuna Putanesca Faux Lasagna using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tuna Putanesca Faux Lasagna
- You need 1 can of tuna in water.
- It's 1 of jar tomato sauce of choice.
- Prepare 1 of small onion finely chopped.
- It's 2 tbsp of capres chopped.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of kalamata olives chopped.
- It's 3 of medium size zucchinis thinly sliced.
- Prepare of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of grated mozzarella cheese.
- You need of bread crumbs.
- You need of hot sauce.
Tuna, swordfish, and salmon are all hearty enough in flavor and texture to work really well with this robust sauce. By all means, make a double batch and use The photographer for this recipe, who eats gluten free, was super excited when she realized this wasn't a traditional pasta puttanesca recipe! By Marge Perry & David Bonom. Remove the tuna from the skillet and add the tomato mixture.
Tuna Putanesca Faux Lasagna instructions
- Mix all ingredients except cheeses, bread crumbs & hot sauce.
- Cover the bottom of a lasagna plate with a little bit of sauce mix.
- Layer some zucchini slices.
- Add some of sauce mix on top and repeat step 3 & 4.
- Sprinkle top with cheeses & bread crumbs.
- Cook uncover aprox. 1 hour in preheated oven at 400º.
- Broil couple of minutes till top is crispy & brown.
- Remove from oven and let sit 15 minutes before serving.
An anchovy- and olive-laden pasta puttanesca lacks for nothing. Then, make the sauce in a large skillet. Heat some extra-virgin olive oil (or use the oil from the anchovy or tuna can, if they're packed in olive oil). A quick and easy Tuna Puttanesca With Capers & Basil recipe, from our authentic Italian cuisine collection. This simple, satisfying supper combines punchy capers, black olives, fresh basil, tomato and tuna for a delicious new take on a classic Italian puttanesca.