Turkey veggie soup. My Rustic Turkey & Veggie Soup tastes like some straight out of an Italian kitchen! It was a cold, rainy day and my Rustic Turkey & Veggie Soup was the. When Thanksgiving comes to our home, it's a joyous time of celebration in giving thanks for all of the blessings the Lord has been.
The amounts shown are a guideline. The most this soup will ask of you is chopping vegetables and dicing or shredding the leftover turkey. Store the diced veggies in a zip-top bag in the fridge until you're ready to simmer your soup. You can cook Turkey veggie soup using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Turkey veggie soup
- It's 2 of zucchini sliced and halved.
- You need 2 of yellow squash sliced and halved.
- It's 1 of small onion chopped.
- Prepare 2 of handfuls baby carrots chopped.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves chopped.
- You need 3 of celery stalks chopped.
- You need 1 of can black beans.
- Prepare 1 of can italian diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of split green peas (softened).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of brown rice.
- You need 4 cup of vegetable broth.
- You need 3 cup of V8.
- You need 1 tbsp of italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
- It's of kosher salt fresh ground pepper.
- It's 1 lb of ground turkey meatballs.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of italian bread crumbs.
- It's 1 of egg.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
My daughter got this recipe from her husband's mother. This soup is especially good on cold winter nights when it's snowing.which happens a lot where I live! This easy to make Homemade Turkey Soup is the perfect way to use the leftover bones from your Making Homemade Turkey Soup after your Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner is super easy and a. In a large pot over medium-heat, add in carrots Packed with fresh veggies, herbs and noodles, this leftover turkey soup recipe is super filling and.
Turkey veggie soup step by step
- First chop up all the veggies. Use a large pot and put a couple tablespoons olive oil in it. Add carrots celery onion and garlic first. After about 5minutes add squash zucchini black beans and diced tomatoes. Add your green peas and the brown rice. Heat should be on medium..
- Next add your vegetable broth. Keep on medium and put the lid on. Wait about an hour. In the meantime you can make your turkey meatballs..
- Mix turkey bread crumbs egg salt and pepper. Heat skillet on medium heat. Form very small balls and cook about 5-7 min until done. Add to soup..
- At this point your soup may start to get pretty thick. You can add the V8 to thin it out. Or use more broth if you wish. I just had V8 so I decided to try it. Just add your spices salt and pepper as it cooks. May need to add more depending on how strong you like them..
- Let simmer for another hour or so. Until the green peas are completely soft..
- When done sprinkle with parmesan cheese or cheese of your choice and enjoy..
This lightened-up Turkey Cheeseburger Soup is quick and easy to make in the Instant Pot, Crock-Pot or on the stovetop.and SO Chicken broth: Or veggie broth, whichever you happen to have on hand. Veggie Loaded Turkey Chili is one of my go-to recipes and has been for quite some time. Soup This homemade leftover turkey soup recipe is the perfect way to reinvent leftovers once they get boring. On the plus side, the leftover wine goes well with the soup! Extremely easy to prepare, hot and filling on cold winter nights!