You can cook Zuccinni Parmesean using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Zuccinni Parmesean
- Prepare 1-2 of overgrown zucchinis- preferably ones that do not have mature seeds yet, but those will work too.
- It's 1.5 cups of bread crumbs - I like the panko kind since they are crispier.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of italian seasoning or some mixture of whatever you have, basil, oregano, parsley etc.
- It's 2 of eggs, beaten.
- You need 1 (28 ounce) of can of tomatoe sauce.
- You need 2 cups of mozzerella cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of parmessean cheese.
Zuccinni Parmesean instructions
- Heat oven to 375 degrees farenheit.
- Slice zucchinis a little less than an inch thick. If there are mature seeds or large pithy areas then scoop those out..
- Grease a cookie sheet with olive oil..
- With one hand dip the zucchini in the egg, pass to the other hand and dip in the bread crumbs (this will help avoid build up on the fingers). Place them on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until they are tender but not mushy.
- Placed into a greased cake pan, whatever size you think will make two layers of the zucchini that you cooked..
- Place one layer of zucchini in the pan and spread half of the tomato sauce on top and cover with half the mozzerela cheese.
- Layer the rest of the zucchini on top and cover with the rest of the sauce and the mozzerela cheese and put on the parmesean cheese..
- Bake for about 30 minutes until the cheese is browned the way you like it..