Zucchini boats. Make This Fun Dinner W/ Your Kids. See Our Chicken Alfredo Zucchini Boat Recipe! Zucchini boats are the perfect way to make an otherwise light veggie side into a hearty and filling meal.
There are so many ways to change up these zucchini boats! This is a bit of an Italian version with the Italian sausage, tomatoes, breadcrumbs and cheeses. Here are some more ideas on how to change up these stuffed zucchinis. You can have Zucchini boats using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Zucchini boats
- It's 5 medium of zucchini.
- You need 1 small of diced yellow onion.
- It's 1 small of red bell pepper, diced.
- You need 2 clove of minced garlic.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of italian bread crumbs.
- Prepare 8 tbsp of Monterrey jack cheese, shredded.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated parmesan.
- Prepare 1 cup of crumbled cooked italian sausage.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper.
- It's 1 tsp of paprika.
- It's 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
Zucchini Taco Boats - hamburger meat, chili powder, cumin, cheese, olives, tomatoes, avocados Zucchini Boats stuffed with turkey sausage, tomatoes, herbs, panko and two types of cheese! A delicious recipe that's perfect for summer. When summer rolls around zucchini boats are a must on the dinner menu, especially when we hit mid summer and there is a plethora of zucchini to be used up. Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise.
Zucchini boats instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- Spray glass baking dish or cooking sheet with non stick spray..
- Cut zucchinis in half down the middle and place in dish or sheet..
- Scoop out seeds and some meat, set aside..
- In a saute pan on medium heat with olive oil sauté onion, bell pepper & some of the zucchini meat till soft. Add salt, pepper, paprika and oregano, garlic and cooked sausage..
- Turn heat off and add Parmesan and bread crumbs and mix well..
- Scoop mixture into zucchini shells making sure not to overfill. Top with shredded cheese..
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and filling is bubbly..
- You can use the rest of the zucchini meat in my Veggie Rice recipe..
Crumble sausage into a small skillet; add onion and celery. The zucchini boats are then stuffed with ground beef sauce and topped with cheese and baked until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is cooked through. They store very well in the fridge or freezer and make a great take to work lunch too. Cheesesteak Zucchini Boats Bring on the pepps. Loaded Stuffed Zucchini You won't even miss the potato in this loaded low-carb dish..