Lentil stew with crusty bread. How to Freeze Vegan Winter Lentil Stew. To freeze, I suggest dividing the stew into single portions, cooling completely in the refrigerator over night, then transferring to the freezer. Enjoy your Vegan Winter Lentil Stew with a big chunk of crusty bread to sop up all that richness!
Serve with crusty bread and enjoy." The Best Pork Lentil Stew Recipes on Yummly Coconut Curry Lentil Stew, Smoky Pork Lentil Stew, West African Peanut Lentil Stew. A lentil stew is hearty and wholesome, especially in winter. You can cook Lentil stew with crusty bread using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lentil stew with crusty bread
- You need 1 cup of dried green lentils (soaked overnight - do not use tinned).
- It's 1 of medium sized onion diced.
- Prepare 2 of ripe tomatoes diced.
- You need 2 of medium sized carrots diced.
- It's 5 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 3 teaspoons of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground all spice.
- It's 1 teaspoon of ground coriander.
- It's 3 of bay leaves.
- It's 2 tablespoons of paprika.
- You need 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It's 750 ml of water for cooking.
- Prepare 2 of long red chillies.
- You need of Salt - according to your taste.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of black pepper.
- You need of Variations to stew can be made for more vegetables to be added:.
- Prepare 2 of small white eggplant diced.
- It's 2 of green zucchini diced.
- You need 2 tablespoons of harrissa.
Add the spinach and the cooked chorizo, fold through the lentils and continue to cook until the spinach just begins to wilt. Add a squeeze of lemon to give it a kick, then season to taste and stir through the parsley. Hearty Lentil, Escarole and Italian Sausage Soup Hearty Green Lentil Soup Lentil stew Hearty and tasty dal soup lentil soup in Mumbai kiosk, India Hearty soup Lentil stew with scallops Moroccan lentil soup harira with meat, chickpeas, tomato and spices. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Lentil stew with crusty bread instructions
- Add the olive oil to a stock pot (large pot). Add the onion and cook until opaque on medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute stirring until fragrant. Add the sliced chillies leaving a few for garnish at the end..
- Add the diced tomatoes and all of the spices (cumin, coriander, all spice, paprika, bay leaf, salt and pepper) and stir until combined. Add 250ml of the water to combine ingredients and cook for 3-5 minutes..
- Add the lentils, carrots and the rest of the water. You can either soak them overnight to reduce cooking time or you can add more water (500ml) to recipe and cook them longer if you haven't soaked them. Cook from 1-3hrs on low heat. Keep an eye on them to make sure they aren't sticking to the bottom of your pot otherwise it will get a bitter burnt taste..
- If the stew gets a bit thick simply add small amounts of water to avoid sticky stew or burning. It should have stew juices to soak up with crusty bread loaf or baguette..
- When the lentils are soft you can stop cooking. Serve in bowls with warm crusty bread and garnish with sliced red chillies and fresh coriander leaves..
- Bon appetit!.
Enjoy with a slice of crusty bread! A wonderfully warming dish on a blustery Autumn day. Serve with a hearty Pinot Noir and crusty bread and you have the makings of a hearty and soul. This delicious vegetarian lentil stew makes for a hearty dinner with some coconut roti on the side. Or, enjoy it by itself for a lighter dinner idea.