Fried Zucchini with Spicy Dipping Sauce. In Utah fry sauce is a must with fries. This is a spicy twist to the standard ketchup mayo mixture. I actually fried squash and zucchini and dipped them in this sauce.
Trim the ends off the zucchini, and then grate them. (You can use the shredding disc of a food processor, or the largest holes of a box grater.) For the buttermilk ranch dipping sauce: In a bowl, combine the buttermilk, mayonnaise, chives, dill, celery salt, garlic powder and onion powder. Gently shake to remove excess egg and then generously coat the zucchini in the panko mixture. Transfer the breaded zucchini to a baking sheet. You can have Fried Zucchini with Spicy Dipping Sauce using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fried Zucchini with Spicy Dipping Sauce
- You need of Fried Zucchini.
- You need 1 of peanut oil.
- It's 3 large of zucchini.
- It's 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of finely grated Parmesan.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of finely chopped fresh parsley leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 2 pinch of of salt and fresely ground black pepper.
- You need 3 of eggs, lightly beaten.
- It's 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare of Spicy Dipping Sauce.
- It's 1 cup of sour cream.
- You need 2 tbsp of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 medium of shallot, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped chives.
- It's 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 dash of of hot sauce.
- It's 1 pinch of kosher salt.
- You need 1 pinch of freshely ground black pepper.
They also involve a spicy marinara dipping sauce situation that's sure to please. I also pan fried the zucchini sticks first - in just a little olive oil - before baking them in the oven. The extra step of pan frying may seem a little annoying, but I promise you it's an important part of the process, and will. For the Baked Zucchini Fries: extra-virgin olive oil or unrefined coconut oil cooking spray, as needed.
Fried Zucchini with Spicy Dipping Sauce step by step
- Preheat oil in a deep-fryer to 350°F (medium temperature)..
- Cut zucchini into 1/2-inch rounds..
- Measure flour into a pie plate. In another pie plate, combine panko, Parmesan, parsley, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. In a third plate add eggs and water..
- Dredge the zucchini, on either side and edges, in the flour, followed by the egg, and finally in the panko..
- Working in batches, place the breaded zucchini slices in the hot oil and fry until golden brown, or 3 to 4 minutes..
- Drain each fried zucchini on a paper towel lined sheet tray and immediately season with salt and pepper..
- Serve hot and enjoy!.
- For Spicy Dipping Sauce: Add all the ingredients into a serving bowl and mix until incorporated. Cover with plastic wrap and let flavors marinate for at least 1 hour..
Crispy, spicy Panko-coated zucchini fries dipped in a cool Greek yogurt dill dip. Just want the fries but notsomuch the dip? These are also great dipped in ranch, and though I've not tried it personally, I've seen lots of folks go the marinara route, and that looks darn. Zucchini Fries are the perfect way to enjoy fresh garden zucchini and are perfect served as an appetizer or a side dish! Once baked crisp, we love to dip and dunk these into ranch dressing, warm marinara sauce or Spicy Dill Dip!