Fried Zucchini Chips. Fried Zucchini Chips are coated in Panko crumbs and Parmesan cheese and fry up super crispy. Dip them in Ranch dressing for a delicious summer appetizer. Fried Zucchini Chips are a great way to enjoy fresh zucchini.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. How to Cut the Carbs in this Recipe. If you want to make these keto and low-carb, here's how to air fry zucchini. You can cook Fried Zucchini Chips using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fried Zucchini Chips
- Prepare 1 lb of zucchini.
- Prepare 1 of egg beaten.
- Prepare 1 tsp of water.
- It's 1 cup of flour.
- You need 1 of Panko bread crumbs.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare 1 of vegetable oil for frying.
When I first made pan fried zucchini on my own, I would get frustrated when the breading would slip off the zucchini or stick to the bottom of the pan. Fried zucchini chips is a popular appetizer usually served at Greek taverns during summer. Learn the trick to make the crunchiest chips ever, at home! "Crunchy, cheesy fried zucchini chips without the guilt of deep frying. This is the perfect way to make use of those abundant zucchini from the garden!
Fried Zucchini Chips step by step
- Heat oil to 350°F and drop coated rounds in oil. Do not crowd. Turn over when brown on one side. Continue until all are cooked..
- Beat egg and water together well..
- Slice zucchini in 1/4 to 1/2 inch rounds. Dredge in flour..
- Dip rounds in egg wash mixture and then in panko bread crumbs. Separate rounds and make sure they are evenly coved with crumbs. I press down to make sure they adhere well..
- You can add salt while still hot if you choose..
- I deep fry mine but can pan fry..
- Can use pickles, squash or eggplant in place of zucchini. Even string cheese for cheese sticks..
Serve with marinara sauce for dipping." Can you air fry zucchini chips? Air frying is another healthy alternative, just like baking. Prepare your zucchini according to recipe directions. Make amazing and simple Air Fryer Zucchini Chips for your family with this versatile recipe! A crunchy coating of panko breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese make these Healthier Fried Zucchini Chips.