Zucchini "meatballs". Using a dish towel, squeeze out excess liquid from the shredded zucchini. Move the zucchini to a dry bowl and add the egg, ricotta bread crumbs, Italian. Zucchini "Meatballs" from Delish.com are the best!
Made with grated zucchini, Pecorino Romano, basil, bread crumbs and egg with a pomodoro sauce. Today I would like to share with you my Zucchini meatballs recipe. Enjoy as is or toss with marinara sauce. You can have Zucchini "meatballs" using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Zucchini "meatballs"
- You need of zucchinis 2 large.
- You need 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- It's 1 cup of parmesan grated.
- It's of basil fresh chopped.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need of garlic 2 minced.
- It's of olive oil.
These zucchini meatballs are packed with zucchini, cheese and seasonings. They make a crowd-pleasing appetizer with marinara sauce for dipping. They're also delicious served with pasta for dinner. Be the first to review this recipe.
Zucchini "meatballs" instructions
- Pre heat oven 400. Shred your zucchinis..
- Add oil to a saute pan and add garlic. Cook 30 seconds..
- Add zucchini. Salt pepper. Fold and mix on high till water has evaporated. 7 to 10 minutes.
- Drain and cool in a caulinder..
- In a bowl mix bread crumbs, parmesan, zucchini, basil, and egg..
- Roll into little balls. Place on baking dish. Bake 25 or so..
- In a sauté pan add marinara sauce. Add zucchini balls and cook about 5 minutes. Serve over spaghetti. Enjoy..
- You can "fry" the zucchini balls in a saute pan to crisp them up instead of baking..
Serve Zucchini Meatballs over pasta and sauce with a side of veggies. Zucchini Meatballs are a great way to sneak veggies into dinner for picky eaters! Zucchini is an easy veggie to stock up on because you can shred it and freeze it. It's perfect for baking bread, and. Arrange the zucchini meatballs on a nonstick baking sheet.