Courgette Pie (Kolokythopita). This Kolokithopita recipe is made with juicy zucchinis, tangy feta cheese and creamy Greek yogurt, all combined into a velvety Traditional Zucchini pie recipe with Feta cheese (Greek Kolokithopita). The best Greek Kolokithopita (Greek Zucchini Pie) recipe for all Greek food lovers! Easy and delicious comfort food dish for the Summer.
Pites like this Greek zucchini pie, are what Greeks call their pies that are made with vegetables or cheese surrounded It is just one layer of dough, kind of like a pie crust but thinner and more tender. This can be eaten hot or cold. My Thea makes a gkyki (sweet) kolokithopita similar to this recipe, but she uses the. courgette pie greek most popular recipes, pasta, corn chowder, irish cream, main dish, turkey soup, cut-out cookies, lobster, quick bread, chocolate, cheese, cold cheese dips, vegetable soup. You can have Courgette Pie (Kolokythopita) using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Courgette Pie (Kolokythopita)
- Prepare 3 of large Courgettes.
- You need 100 grams of Parmesan Cheese grated.
- Prepare 100 grams of Feta Cheese in small cubes.
- Prepare 1 of large Onion grated.
- Prepare 3 of Eggs beaten.
- You need 150 grams of All Purpose Flour.
- You need 50 grams of bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Dille chopped.
- It's 1/4 cup of Parsley chopped.
- It's of Salt.
- It's of Pepper.
Similar versions of kolokithopita can be layered or prepared without the crust, while the filling can be adapted with additional ingredients and zucchinis can be replaced with winter squash. This is a Greek zucchini pie recipe that's quick and easy to assemble and bake - made with zucchini, onions, leek and feta cheese. Newspaper article Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (Pittsburgh, PA). This lovely Greek pie is simple to make, freezes well and tastes just as good warm out of the oven as it is at room.
Courgette Pie (Kolokythopita) step by step
- Grate Courgette in a bowl, and add 1 teaspoon of salt, and then place into a strainer for at least 2 hrs. so that all the water is drained out. Just to be sure squeeze the Courgettes so that it is completely dried from water..
- Place Courgette into a large bowl and slowly start adding in all the ingredients. Start off with the eggs and then Feta and continue with the herbs, bread crumbs, flour..
- Just a note that the Parmesan Cheese and Olive Oil should be the last ingredients tossed into the mixture..
- I use a tart baking pan for this recipe, if you don’t have one, you can use any small baking pan. Oil brush the pan first, and then sprinkle flour on all sides so that the Courgette mixture does not stick to the baking pan..
- Bake for 1 hr. at 180 degrees and until golden brown on top and bottom. When it is baked set aside to cool off for about 1/2 hr. Kali Orexi!!!.
Kolokithopita is a delicious pie, which consists of shredded pumpkin, sugar and pepper- then wrapped in homemade fillo pastry and baked to perfection! If you are looking for some extra sweetness to this. This pie recipe will be loved by vegetarians and meat lovers, too. Transfer the courgettes to a sheet of greaseproof paper and put the unwashed baking sheet to one side. The courgette is a variety of cucurbit, which means it's from the same family as cucumber, squash Bake up a batch of our courgette muffins.