Parmesan Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes & Zucchini Spears. Layer the tomatoes at a slight angle against one another, topping each slice with the bacon-onion mixture. If you love fried green tomatoes but looking for a different approach on preparing these tart beauties. Panko breadcrumbs give these fried green tomatoes a nice crunch, while the salty flavor of the parmesan balances the tartness of the tomatoes very nicely.
I grabbed a shallow bowl & dumped in equal parts flour, Panko bread crumbs & Parmesan cheese. Breaded green tomatoes are oven-fried then layered with spaghetti sauce, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese in this delicious casserole. Fried Green Tomato Parmesan. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. You can cook Parmesan Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes & Zucchini Spears using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Parmesan Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes & Zucchini Spears
- Prepare 1 of large or 2 medium zucchini.
- You need 1-2 of fresh green tomatoes.
- Prepare 4 of large eggs.
- Prepare of Bread crumbs.
- Prepare of Grated Parmesan.
- You need of Salt.
- It's of Pepper.
- Prepare of Garlic powder.
- It's of Seasoning salt.
- Prepare of Cooking Oil.
I started out to make fried green tomatoes and took a detour. I remembered how delicious and surprising these parmesan crusted lamb chops Only, I didn't want to fry them; I wanted them oven baked. The idea of oven-baked started when one of the lady's who sells tomatoes at the farmer's. Don't throw away those unripe g.
Parmesan Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes & Zucchini Spears instructions
- Wash and cut tomatoes into slices and zucchini into spears. Mix bread crumbs in a flat mixing bowl or container with seasonings to taste and parmesan in desired amounts. Mix well. Crack eggs into a separate flat container and mix them up with some salt and pepper..
- Heat oil on stovetop in a pan for deep frying or heat your oil in a deep fryer. Dip veggies into egg mixture 1 at a time, and coat well. Next plunge the veggies into the bread crumb mixture and flip to coat well. Drop into oil for 2-5 mins or until deep fried and crispy..
- Remove from fryer and allow to cool on paper towels to drain grease. Serve and Enjoy Alone, with Ranch Dressing, or with Your Favorite Dip!.
Turn them into fried green tomatoes topped with fresh mozzarella cheese and chopped basil and finished with a balsamic glaze. Fried green tomatoes are like that. We know how we've been taught to like them - edges crisp and gritty with cornmeal, and tangy succulent Instead of a flour or cornmeal coating, I went for a jagged cloak of panko and Parmesan, which crisped beautifully and tasted deliciously of toasted, nutty cheese. What's better than Fried Green Tomatoes? Serve it up with tomato sauce and cheese.