Middle Eastern Adana Kabob. Adana kebabı (colloquially known as Kıyma kebabı) is a long, hand-minced meat kebab mounted on a wide iron skewer and grilled on an open mangal filled with burning charcoal. The culinary item is named after Adana, the fifth largest city of Turkey and was originally known as the "Kıyma kebabı". Kebabs of all kinds are common in Turkish and Middle Eastern cuisines.
It is originally known as kıyma (keema) kebab (minced meat kebab) or simply as kıyma in Adana. Adana kebab is a Turkish dish consisting of seasoned minced lamb, which is prepared on a skewer over a charcoal fire. The term kebab refers to all kinds of Middle Eastern dishes consisting of meat, fish and/or vegetables that are roasted on a skewer over a fire. You can cook Middle Eastern Adana Kabob using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Middle Eastern Adana Kabob
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of Ground Lamb.
- You need 1 of onion.
- You need 1 of red pepper.
- You need 1 bunch of flat parsley.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Biber (pepper spread) or crushed red pepper.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of cumin.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of coriander.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of paprika.
- It's 1 oz of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of salt & pepper.
- It's 1 of for yogurt spread.
- Prepare 8 oz of plain yogurt.
- It's 1 clove of crushed garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It's 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1 of for sandwich.
- Prepare 6 box of pita breads.
- You need 1 of chopped romain lettuce.
- It's 1 of chopped tomato.
- It's 1 of sliced red onion.
Adana kebab (or Adana kebabı) is a spicy minced meat kebab from the south of Turkey that is traditionally made from hand-chopped meat and tail fat from a male lamb. What is the origin of Adana kebab? In Turkish and Middle Eastern cuisines, kebabs of all types are very common. Sumac is also used in this recipe it can be found in any Middle Eastern store or online.
Middle Eastern Adana Kabob instructions
- put ground lamb in large bowl.
- in food processor...put chopped up red pepper..garlic ..parsley & olive oil & gring into paste & put in bowl with lamb.
- combine all other ingredients in bowl with lamb & mix well & let sit in fridge overnight if possible.
- form into long patties & cook on grill.
- for spread.
- in small bowl combine yogurt ..crushed garlic..lemon juice & salt...& wisk well.
- for sandwich...open pita put lettuce ..tomato..red onion ...adana kabob & drizzle with yogurt spread.
- eat & enjoy.
The sumac can be omitted but it really should be found and added. MIDDLE EASTERN EASTER COOKIES It's that time of the year again! I can't believe how fast time is passing. Adana Kebab is one the most delicious and famous kebab variety of Turkish cuisine. Its popularity has already reached the corners of the world.