Vegetable Broth, with added Beef.
You can have Vegetable Broth, with added Beef using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegetable Broth, with added Beef
- Prepare Handful of Carrots.
- Prepare 2 of large Onions.
- It's Handful of Brussel Sprouts.
- You need 1/2 bag of mini Potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of Broccoli Stalk.
- It's 1 Cup of Homemade Soup mix (see below).
- You need 750 mls of Vegetable Stock.
- Prepare 300 Grams of Beef (Optional).
- It's 1 cup of Porridge Oats(secret ingredient!).
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Gravy Browning(optional).
Vegetable Broth, with added Beef step by step
- Rinse the cup of Broth mix under running water In a sieve then put into a container. Add enough boiling water to the brim. Soak for at least 1-2 hours..
- Add washed and sliced Potatoes to a large pot or saucepan..
- Add peeled and sliced Carrots, and chunky sliced Onions to the pot..
- Trim brown/ dried up portion, from Broccoli stalk. Dice and add. Trim Sprouts, quarter slice and add..
- Mix up 750 mls(1 1/2 pints) of vegetable stock using boiling water, and add to pot. Bring the mix to the boil, then turn down to a simmer..
- Add Gravy Browning, if using, drain the pulses (Broth mix), and add to pot, give it a good stir occasionally..
- After about 20 minutes, add the sliced and cubed Beef, if using. Give the mix a good stir. Continue simmering for another 20 minutes..
- If, like mine, the Broth is a bit too watery, I added a cup full of Porridge Oats to thicken the Broth. The oats take up the flavour of the juices, and the kids won’t know about the “ secret ingredient” if you don’t tell them!!.
- Simmer until the Broth becomes thicker, about 5-10 minutes. Check all your vegetables and pulses are cooked by a “ chef-taste”, add salt if required..
- Serve straight away, or cool rapidly, then keep in the fridge up to two days. Can be frozen once cooked. Heat in microwave and eat when needed!! Enjoy!! Please cook-snap and share!.