Beef and broccoli stir fry stew #weeklyjikonichallenge. It's your favorite take-out dish, but made exactly to your liking. And just like the classic Chinese-American dish, this recipe works great as leftovers when reheated in a microwave or over the stove. If you want to freshen it up, just chop up and throw in whatever vegetables you have.
Transfer beef mixture to clean bowl. Stir-frying is all about layering flavor. Cooking the broccoli in the pan after browning the beef coats it with the flavorful caramelized bits from the pan bottom as it steams. You can cook Beef and broccoli stir fry stew #weeklyjikonichallenge using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef and broccoli stir fry stew #weeklyjikonichallenge
- You need of Beef and broccoli ingredients :.
- You need 450 g of flank steak very thinly sliced into bite-sized strips.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of olive oil (or vegetable oil), divided.
- You need 450 g of broccoli (cut into 6 cups of florets).
- You need of Stir fry sauce ingredients :.
- You need 1 tsp of fresh ginger grated.
- It's 2 tsp of garlic grated (from 3 cloves).
- You need 1/2 cup of hot water.
- You need 6 Tbsp of low sodium soy sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of packed light brown sugar.
- Prepare 11/2 Tbsp of corn starch.
- It's 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 2 Tbsp of sesame oil (i used olive- what i had).
Adding aromatics like ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes to the pan just before tossing all the ingredients together allows the flavors to really. This beef and broccoli stir-fry is the Thai version of a classic Chinese dish full of robust flavors that are easy to whip up anytime. Continue until all the sides are beginning to brown and the beef is almost cooked through, but you see just a little pink in the middle. Beef and broccoli stir-fry is an easy and simple recipe and one of my go-to favorites on busy nights.
Beef and broccoli stir fry stew #weeklyjikonichallenge instructions
- Combine all stir fry sauce ingredients in a bowl, stir well to dissolve the sugar, and set aside..
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add 1 Tbsp oil. Add broccoli florets and sauté 4-5 minutes, partially covered with lid, stirring or tossing several times until broccoli is bright green and crisp-tender then remove from pan.
- Increase heat to high heat and add 1 Tbsp oil. Add beef in a single layer and sauté 2 minutes per side or just until cooked through. Quickly pull out a piece to test for doneness..
- Add the sauce, reduce heat to medium/low and simmer 3-4 minutes. It will thicken. Add broccoli and stir to combine. Stir in 1-2 Tbsp water to thin the sauce if desired. Serve over with rice/ugali/ chapati.
It can be made quickly, especially if you have a wok, and reminds me of the beef and broccoli I always used to order at Chinese restaurants (before I found out about all the stuff besides beef and broccoli. Beef Stir Fry No Soy Sauce Recipes. Beef Stroganoff With Stew Meat Recipes. Sous Vide Beef and Broccoli Stir FryPastured Kitchen. How to Make Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry.