Shepherds Pie. .with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton.
That saucy, deeply flavourful filling, that creamy potato topping, and that awesome golden cheese crust.… While Shepherd's Pie is. British European Recipes Shepherd's Pie Recipes Tomato Beans and Legumes Pea Recipes Lamb Recipes Onion Recipes Beef Corn Recipes. Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. You can cook Shepherds Pie using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shepherds Pie
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of 85% ground beef.
- You need 2 can of 10 count each of buttermilk biscuits.
- It's 1 of 10 oz bag of frozen veggies ( I used broccoli,carrot and cauliflower mix) thawed, drained and coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 2 cup of Beef gravy.
- It's 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It's 3 cup of prepared mashed potatoes.
The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. Shepherd's pie with rich lamb and creamy mash is winter comfort food at its best. Make this easy shepherd's pie of a wintry evening - comfort food at its best.
Shepherds Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. Begin to brown ground beef..
- You will need 2 pie plates. In each pie plate press a tube of biscuits on bottom and up the sides. Make sure to press seams together well. Bake both biscuit covered pie plates in the oven for only 5 minutes..
- Drain ground beef. Remove pie plates and increase heat to 375..
- In a large pan add ground beef, Worcestershire, thawed out veggies,beef gravy,onion powder, salt and pepper..
- Simmer mixture for 10 minutes and add mixture into pie plates. You will have roughly 2 cups for each pie plate..
- Add 1 1/2 cups to each pie plate of the prepared mashed potatoes.Spread the potatoes over the meat mixture evenly..
- Place both pies on a heavy cookie sheet and bake for 35-40 min or until potatoes on top are golden brown..
This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. This Shepherd's pie is a complete meal in a single skillet, and just the kind of dinner you want to tuck into as By definition, this classic meat pie falls into one of two categories: Shepherd's pie, which. A Shepherd's Pie is an Irish specialty and made only with Lamb! Cottage Pies are English and made with ground beef! Often the terms shepherd's pie and cottage pie are used interchangeably.