Jambalaya. Jambalaya (/ˌdʒæmbəˈlaɪ.ə/ JAM-bə-LY-ə, /ˌdʒʌm-/ JUM-) is a popular dish of West African, French (especially Provençal cuisine), Spanish and Native American influence. The BEST Jambalaya Recipe -- made with shrimp, chicken and Andouille sausage, veggies, rice and the most delicious zesty Cajun seasoning. Jambalaya is a wildly popular dish that originated in New Orleans and was inspired by flavors around the world—Spanish, West African, and French to name a few.
Thanks to our Cidizens on Patreon who made this video. This is an excellent Jambalaya recipe. I followed it to a tee, except a I added more spice than I should have. You can have Jambalaya using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jambalaya
- You need 1 box of Zataran's Jambalaya (you could use what ever rice you prefer).
- You need 1 clove of Garlic chopped.
- Prepare 3 1/2 cup of Chicken stock.
- It's 1 cup of Shredded chicken (I used left overs from a chicken I baked for dinner the night before).
- Prepare 1 packages of All beef sausage sliced (you could use what ever you desire).
- Prepare 1 small of Yellow Bell pepper chopped (you could use any kind and how ever much you want).
- Prepare 1/2 large of Red onion chopped (you could use what you prefer).
- Prepare 1 of Small amount of broccoli I added for color, my daughter told me I should of added more.
- Prepare 2 large of Dashes of Olive oil (what it calls for on the box).
I like spicy foods, but I am a bit nervous to serve it tomorrow to my guests. Рецепт Джамбалайя, cостав: сосиски (подкопчённые или копчёные), рис, лук репчатый, перец болгарский, помидоры, чеснок, томат-паста, масло растительное, зелень петрушки, соль, перец. Jambalaya is a special kind of comfort food. Depending on the sausage you purchase will determine if you should cook the. This Slow Cooker Jambalaya is a great way to make this New Orleans favorite with less effort!
- First in a big pot start the rice, but replace the water it calls for with the chicken stock. Add chicken(already cooked chicken) add the garlic, onion, peppers, olive oil (what it calls for on the box), & broccoli.
- Once everything except the sausage is in the pot let it simmer.. &Continue to follow the directions on the back of the box of Zataran's Jambalaya..
- Take the sausage and slice about the width of your pinky finger. (Unless you have giant hands then use your better judgement) I put in a hot frying pan, and only browned one side. Then I dabbed them on a paper towel, removing some of the extra grease. Then I added it to the pot..
- Hint: You might have to add extra water as you go, just replace with chicken stock. But be careful with how long you cook it or the rice starts getting mushy..
- It turned out delicious! Easy, fresh, and a good use of left overs..
It's loaded with shrimp, chicken, sausage, and Creole seasonings. Jambalaya (pronounced /ˌdʒʌmbəˈlaɪə/ or <jum-buh-LIE-uh>) is a casserole-style dish of Spanish and French influence originating in Louisiana. Jambalaya is traditionally a one pot dish, with a variety of meats and seafood, vegetables, and spicy seasonings. According to the dictionary, jambalaya is "rice cooked usually with ham, sausage, chicken, shrimp, or oysters Everyone will agree, however, that this jambalaya recipe, which is ready in just an hour, is. While there are countless variations, a standard jambalaya contains rice, protein, seasoning vegetables and spices. fun on the bayou Jambalaya and a crawfish pie and fil gumbo 'Cause tonight I'm gonna see my ma cher amio Pick guitar, fill fruit jar and be gayo Son of a gun, we'll have big fun on the bayou.