🌶️ Teddy's Tom Yum Fried Rice.
You can cook 🌶️ Teddy's Tom Yum Fried Rice using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 🌶️ Teddy's Tom Yum Fried Rice
- Prepare of □ Tom Yum Paste (from Step 2 or bought from store).
- You need of □ 200g grass-fed beef slices, marinated in 1 tbsp fish sauce + 1 tsp white pepper.
- Prepare of □ ¼ cup of asam water (from 1 tsp tamarind pulp + water).
- It's of □ 1 stalk of lemongrass, bruised and cut into 6.
- You need of □ 5 small slices of galangal.
- It's of □ 1½ tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need of □ ½ cup of sliced shallots.
- Prepare of □ 2 bird's eye chilies.
- You need of □ 1½ cup of diced white button mushrooms.
- It's of □ 3 cups of chopped Kai lan or Chinese broccoli.
- It's of □ 4 Kaffir lime leaves.
- Prepare of □ 3-4 cups of overnight rice.
- You need of □ 1 tsp of Nam Prik Pao (from Step 1 or bought from store).
- Prepare of □ 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- It's of □ Salt.
- Prepare of □ Oil.
- Prepare of □ Garnish:.
- Prepare of Wedges of lime.
- Prepare of Finely-sliced lime leaves (optional).
🌶️ Teddy's Tom Yum Fried Rice step by step
- 1. Bring wok to medium high heat. Add 2 tbsp of oil and fry Tom Yum paste until water evaporates..
- 2. Add beef slices and fry for 2 mins, coating well with Tom Yum paste. Add a pinch of salt and asam water. Cook until medium rare to medium in doneness. Dish out cooked beef into a bowl..
- Without turning off the heat, drizzle a fresh tablespoon of oil into the wok and fry lemongrass and galangal. Add garlic, chilies and fry shallots till fragrant..
- 4. Drop in the white button mushrooms and fry to a slight char (2-3 mins)..
- 5. Add a teaspoon of Nam Prik Pao and toss Kai lan and lime leaves with everything. Stir-fry for a min before adding rice.
- 6. Increase heat slightly and fry rice until crisp. Season with fish sauce and coat well with other flavors..
- 7. Season further with sauce from fried beef, adding slowly by the spoonfuls, careful not to make rice soggy..
- 8. Now return the beef slices into wok and all of sauce if desired. Squeeze a whole lime and sprinkle salt to taste..
- Dish out into plates before beef overcooks and garnish with a wedge of lime and optionally with shredded lime leaves..