Upside-Down Deep Dish Pizza. This upside down deep dish pizza recipe comes together in one pan. Be extremely careful and be sure to wear oven mitts when flipping the pizza out of the pan. A crispy crust, loaded with your all of your favorite toppings…this pizza is fantastic!
Cook's Note: Vary the "toppings" to create your own favorite pizza flavors! But a traditional deep dish pizza takes hours to make and has about a thousand calories a slice. This shortcut pizza casserole gives you all the flavors The upside-down pizza recipe has all the delicious and hearty flavor of original pizza but mixed up into a new form. You can cook Upside-Down Deep Dish Pizza using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Upside-Down Deep Dish Pizza
- Prepare 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- It's 1 jar of (1 lb. 8 oz.) Ragu® Old World Style® Pasta Sauce.
- You need 1 box of (10 oz.) frozen chopped broccoli or frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (optional).
- It's 2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- It's 1 can of (13.8 oz.) refrigerated pizza dough.
Brown ground beef in skillet; drain. Season, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Calling all PIZZA LOVERS! (Or FOOD LOVERS!) Do we have your attention yet? Add this to your menu plan, your family will thank you!
Upside-Down Deep Dish Pizza instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°. Brown ground beef in large nonstick skillet; drain and season, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Stir in Pasta Sauce and bring to a boil; turn into 2-quart deep dish pie plate or baking dish..
- Top with broccoli, then cheese. Place pizza dough over dish, sealing edges tightly..
- Bake 20 minutes or until crust is golden. Let stand 10 minutes..
- Prep time: 10 min Cook time: 25 min Stand time: 10 min.
This upside down deep dish pizza is super easy to throw together and it tastes great! There are no crazy ingredients needed and not a lot of prep work required. Found this in an advertisement in Real Simple Magazine and thought I'd give it a try. It's simple and the whole family enjoyed it. I used Trader Joes pizza dough instead and sprinkled parmesan cheese on top before putting in the oven. "Try something different with this unexpected upside down pizza made with broccoli, ground beef and tasty tomato basil sauce." Top with broccoli, then cheese.