Vegetable minestrone with turkey. I remember my mom making this soup; now I make it for my kids as often as I can. It's a good way to use up leftover vegetables. Sometimes I add a can of rinsed and drained kidney or garbanzo beans. —Angela Goodman, Kaneohe, Hawaii.
This hearty Italian soup is teeming with vitamins and fiber, thanks to the rainbow of vegetables and lean plant-based protein. Try this delicious turkey meatball minestrone for a quick and easy weeknight dinner fix - it is ultra comforting! For a taste of home-stewed comfort, ladle up a bowl of Robin Miller's loaded Minestrone Soup with Pasta, Beans and Vegetables from Food Network. You can cook Vegetable minestrone with turkey using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegetable minestrone with turkey
- You need 3/4 of ground turkey.
- It's 1 1/2 cup of small elbow macaroni.
- You need 1/2 can of drained corn.
- You need 1/2 can of drained lima beans.
- You need 1/2 can of drained green beans.
- You need 4 cup of beef broth.
- You need 4 cup of water.
- It's 1 can of Italian herb tomatoes.
- Prepare 3 oz of tomato paste.
- You need 1 of whole onion.
- You need 3 of carrots.
- You need 3 of stalks celery.
- You need 1 cup of broccoli head.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It's 1 of salt and pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
Most minestrone recipes that I read have no meat in them. I knew that would not fly with my husband, a meat lover. But I also wanted to use something lean for our New Year's health goals. So I chose to go with a lean ground turkey… something that would give the soup some flavor and heartiness.
Vegetable minestrone with turkey instructions
- Saute chopped onions in oil.
- Add turkey and sprinkle in cumin,oregano, salt, and fresh ground pepper . Cook turkey until its crumbled and cook throughly. About 5 minutes..
- Add celery, broccoli, and carrots. Cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add Italian herb tomatoes, beef broth, water, corn, green beans, lima beans, elbow macaroni, and tomato paste. Bring to a boil and simmer covered for 25 minute's..
- I served it with parmesian cheese and a little bit of baby spinach because i had them in the fridge. Enjoy.
Summer Vegetable Minestrone Soup. featured in Vegetarian Meals For The Day. Minestrone soup is an Italian classic! This version is made with cannellini beans, chicken stock, cabbage, potato, zucchini, carrots, plum tomatoes, and There is no set recipe for minestrone, since it is usually made out of whatever vegetables are in season. It can be vegetarian, contain meat, or. This Olive Garden minestrone soup is loaded with vegetables, beans and pasta in a tomato broth.