Sheik's Sweet N' Sour Meatballs.
You can cook Sheik's Sweet N' Sour Meatballs using 24 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sheik's Sweet N' Sour Meatballs
- Prepare of Vegetables.
- You need 2 cups of red peppers, cubed.
- You need 2 cups of sweet onions, cubed.
- Prepare 2 cups of broccoli, deflowered.
- Prepare of Meatballs:.
- Prepare 1 of lbs. Ground Beef (80% lean).
- You need 1/2 cup of sweet onions, chopped fine.
- It's 1/2 cup of Pastene Italian bread crumbs.
- It's 1/4 cup of milk.
- You need 1 tsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- It's 1 tsp. of sea salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of black pepper.
- It's 1 of egg.
- It's of Meatball Sauté.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of Olive Oil.
- It's 1 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- It's of Sweet N' Sour Sauce.
- It's 1 cup of ketchup.
- You need 3/4 cup of cold water.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 can of pineapple chunks (20 oz.).
- You need 1/2 tsp. of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of chilli powder.
Sheik's Sweet N' Sour Meatballs instructions
- Wash and prep your vegetables. Cube the red peppers and sweet onions and deflower and cut the broccoli..
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for the meatballs and mix thoroughly..
- Roll out your meatballs slightly smaller in size than that of a golf ball. If you got a good eye, the recipe should yield 36 of these scrumptious babies..
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees and take a 9 by 15 baking dish, in line it with heavy duty aluminum foil..
- Next, preheat a large fry pan to high heat with 2 tbsp. of olive oil mixed with 1 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce. Lightly saute the meatballs on all sides to a slightly brown color. You do not want to cook the meatballs through! Just saute them..
- When the meatballs are done, carefully place them in the bottom of the casserole dish..
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the sweet and sour sauce. Use a whisk to ensure that all the ingredients are mixed thoroughly. Next, add your fresh vegetables and again, mix thoroughly..
- Carefully pour the sweet and sour sauce and vegetables over the meatballs. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees in the oven for 1 hour. Cook an additional half hour, uncovered..
- Fresh out of the oven!.