Rice Batch 5.
You can have Rice Batch 5 using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rice Batch 5
- You need 2 cups of rice.
- You need 1/3 pound of beef summer sausage.
- You need 1 of medium green bell pepper.
- You need 1/2 of large onion.
- Prepare 2 envelope of yellow rice seasonings packets.
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken broth.
- It's 2 cups of water divided.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of capers.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 cup of finely chopped broccoli florets.
- You need 1 tablespoon of peanut oil.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
Rice Batch 5 instructions
- Cube the summer sausage. Add to the oil and sauté. Remove the seeds from the pepper. Getting ready to dice the pepper..
- Dice it well. Now dice the onion..
- Add the onion and pepper to the sausage and sweat them till translucent. Add the spices and rice. Stir well and allow the rice to parboil..
- After 10 minutes of stirring the rice on heat add the broth and 1 cup water. Chop the broccoli then add. Add in the salt and pepper. Simmer covered..
- Cook the rice till the broth and 1 cup of water is absorbed. Cover and turn off the heat. Let sit undisturbed for 25 minutes. Add water and capers stir in well. Turn on the heat while covered till steaming, remove from heat. Let sit 15 minutes before serving..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!!.