Mexican tomato, chicken and refried bean soup. Mayocoba beans, Roma tomatoes, serrano chiles, roasted chicken breast, and cilantro come together in a simple, flavorful Mexican soup. Season tomato mixture with salt and remove from heat. Chicken tortilla soup recipe combines spicy tomatoes, refried beans, corn and chicken with chicken broth for a quickly prepared soup.
It will fill you up on cold afternoons or make a wonderful last-minute lunch. If you like it spicier, use medium or hot green chiles instead of mild. —Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon. View top rated Mexican tomato chicken soup recipes with ratings and reviews. You can cook Mexican tomato, chicken and refried bean soup using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mexican tomato, chicken and refried bean soup
- You need 2 of chicken breasts skin on.
- You need of Good quality chicken stock 450 ml (I ve done mine from scratch).
- Prepare 230 g of Red kidney beans (or any other beans).
- It's 1 of red pepper finally diced 150 g.
- It's 1 of red onion finally diced.
- It's 1 of lime.
- It's 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coriander.
- Prepare 50 g of cottage cheese (optional) I used instead of sour cream.
- It's 180 ml of passata.
- It's of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 of finally diced red chilli.
Chicken Soup With Guacamole, Chicken Soup with Vegetables and Mini Pasta Shells, King Ranch Chicken. While the soup simmers, cut the tortillas in half, stack them, and Drain the strips on paper towels. Top with tortilla strips and dollops of sour. Refried beans, potatoes and a homemade Tomato Chipotle Salsa make it easy to please everyone with this Huevos Rancheros Skillet.
Mexican tomato, chicken and refried bean soup instructions
- Get all the ingredients ready. Wash and prep veg..
- Make refried beans. Can be bought in ready. Start with sweating onions and garlic.
- Cook it on medium heat for 2 min. Add 1 tsp cumin. Cook it for 30 sec. Add beans 1/2 finally diced chilli and chopped coriander. Cook it for 3 min ans add 50 ml of chicken stock. Add 1/2 lime juice. Cook it for another 2 min and mash it up. Set aside.
- To make broth start sweating onions and red pepper, 1/2 of finally diced chilli with little bit of cooking oil. Cook on medium for 3 min. Add 1 tbsp cumin. Cook for 30 sec and cover with stock. Cook it for 5 min and then add passata. Finish with lime juice and roughly chopped coriander. Check seasoning.
- To cook chicken breast preheat the oven. You can do on 180 °C. I ve done mine under the grill in the oven on the bottom shelf checking every few min to not get to much smoke. Heat up pan. Dry chicken fillet with kitchen paper. Put chicken fillet skin down. Season other side. Sear for 1 min until golden brown then turn. Sear for another min. Then put it into the oven. It should take about 15 - 18 min. Take it out and rest for few min.
- Heat up beans and broth. Slice up with sharp knife chicken breast. Skin should be crispy. Place beans in the middle of the bowl. Pour broth over. Then set chicken breast over. I finished mine with crumbled curd cheese and coriander. Enjoy.
Chipotles in adobo and roasted tomatoes give this Mexican Black Bean Soup incredible flavor. I like it best when the heat is subtle, but you can always amp it up. This is a fantastic quick tomato soup recipe simply bursting with the flavours of roasted red peppers, garlic and lime. Transfer chicken to a cutting board; shred into small pieces; return to slow cooker. How to make Easy Refried Beans just like your favorite Mexican restaurant, but even better!