Cream of Tomato soup with Meatballs. For the meatballs, peel and very finely chop the onion. Mix onion, ground beef, egg, salt, pepper, mustard, oregano and breadcrumbs. Season with salt, pepper and sugar.
It may be served hot or cold in a bowl, and may be made in a variety of ways. It may be smooth in texture, and there are also recipes which include chunks of tomato, cream, chicken or vegetable stock, vermicelli. This Cream of Tomato Soup Recipe is the perfect tomato soup recipe using fresh tomatoes. You can cook Cream of Tomato soup with Meatballs using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cream of Tomato soup with Meatballs
- Prepare 600 ml of store-bought soup of your choice(I used cream of tomato).
- Prepare 12 of Beef and pork meatballs.
- It's 1/2 cup of broccoli, chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of cauliflower, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 Punnet of portobello mushrooms.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, chopped finely.
- Prepare 4 of fresh sage leaves.
- You need 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 pinch of paprika.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of leek, washed and chopped finely.
- Prepare 1 tin of cannellini beans, drained from brine.
- You need 1 cup of liquid chicken stock.
This grownup, creamy (and dreamy) tomato soup can easily be doubled to feed a larger Stir in ¼ cup cream. Season to taste with I make this in the summer with fresh tomatoes instead of canned and it's a great celebration of tomato season. When they are cooked, put them into an ovenproof dish with the tomato sauce and top with the grated mozzarella. Nothing is simpler or more classic than opening up a can of cream of tomato soup for lunch.
Cream of Tomato soup with Meatballs step by step
- Starting with the meatballs, preheat the oven to 200 degrees C. Add the meatballs to a roasting dish, with 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, paprika and salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes until golden brown..
- In a pot on a medium heat, heat up the olive oil, and add the chopped leek and garlic, then add the sage and mushrooms. Add the beans and stir to combine. Add the veggies and stir..
- Add the packet of store bought soup to the pot and bring to the boil. Gradually a little bit of the chicken stock as it cooks and heats up. Add the meatballs to the pot along with any pan juices from the roasting dish, to give it extra flavour. Season with a little salt and pepper..
- Serve with a slice of toast with melted cheese on the side..
So if you're going to make a homemade version, it had better be worth the extra bother. Although it is not traditional, I like to garnish this soup with a little plain yogurt or sour cream or creme fraiche. It was the best creamy tomato basil soup with parmesan I had ever had. Creamy, with savory tomato flavor and bright basil flecks throughout. Just love the idea of cream and parmesan in a tomato soup.