Chinese Cabbage Hamburger Steaks in Thick Japanese Ume Plum Sauce.
You can have Chinese Cabbage Hamburger Steaks in Thick Japanese Ume Plum Sauce using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chinese Cabbage Hamburger Steaks in Thick Japanese Ume Plum Sauce
- Prepare 550 grams of ☆ Ground beef and pork mix.
- Prepare 1 of ☆ Egg.
- You need 4 tbsp of ☆ Milk.
- You need 1 of ☆ Panko.
- It's 1 pinch of of each ☆ Salt and pepper.
- It's 1 tsp of ☆ Soy sauce.
- You need 1 dash of ☆ Nutmeg.
- You need 1/8 stalk of Chinese cabbage.
- Prepare 1 of Sake.
- It's 1 of Shredded white leek for garnishing.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of White sauce (concentrated type).
- It's 200 ml of ★ Water.
- It's 2 of Umeboshi (large).
- You need 1 of thick tablespoon of each ★ Sugar, soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of ★ Mirin.
- Prepare 1 of Katakuriko slurry.
Chinese Cabbage Hamburger Steaks in Thick Japanese Ume Plum Sauce step by step
- Roughly chop the Chinese cabbage, rub 1 teaspoon of salt (not listed), and let sit for about 10 minutes..
- Bring ★ ingredients and a minced umeboshi to a boil, adding the water-dissolved katakuriko after bring it to a boil and mixing rapidly. The sauce is finished once the katakuriko has cooked through..
- Mix the ingredients from Step 1 and ☆ in a bowl..
- Heat a little oil in a pan, divide the meat mixture into 5 portions, mold into patties, and cook over medium heat..
- Flip over once they have reached a nice golden brown color, add a splash of sake, cover with a lid, and continue cooking over medium low heat..
- Once the patties plump up, stick a toothpick through and transfer to a plate if the juices run clear..
- Spoon over the plum sauce and top with shredded white leeks..