Cabbage Rolls Simmered in Tomato Sauce.
You can have Cabbage Rolls Simmered in Tomato Sauce using 18 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cabbage Rolls Simmered in Tomato Sauce
- It's 4 large of leaves Cabbage.
- Prepare 4 of sausages Wiener sausages.
- Prepare 100 grams of ☆Ground pork or ground beef/pork mix.
- Prepare 1/2 of ☆Onion.
- You need 1 clove of ☆Garlic.
- You need 1/2 of ☆Egg.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ☆ Panko.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ☆Ketchup.
- You need 1 pinch of ☆Nutmeg, salt, pepper.
- You need 1/2 can of ◆Canned tomatoes.
- It's 250 ml of ◆Water.
- You need 1 of leaf ◆Bay leaf (optional).
- It's 1 of cube ◆Cubed consommé or bullion.
- It's 2 tbsp of ◆Ketchup.
- You need 1 pinch of Salt and pepper.
- It's 1 pinch of Parsley (for garnish).
- Prepare of <<if you are topping with cheese>>.
- It's 1 of Meltable cheese (such as pizza cheese).
Cabbage Rolls Simmered in Tomato Sauce instructions
- Boil the cabbage leaves, or place in a heat-resistant bowl with a wet paper towel, wrap with plastic wrap, and microwave for about 4 minutes..
- Strain the cabbage in a sieve, and cut off the stems (don't throw away)..
- Finely chop the onions, garlic, and cabbage leaf stems. Add to a bowl with ☆, knead thoroughly until it all sticks together, and divide into 4 equal portions..
- Turn over a cabbage leaf with the inside facing up, add the mixture from step 3 with a wiener on top, and roll. Make all 4 the same way..
- If the canned tomatoes are already diced, use as is, if they are whole, remove the stem and mince with a knife..
- Tuck the rolls from step 4 into a pot, taking care not to stack them. The wrapped side down prevents them from falling apart when cooking..
- Add all of the ◆ ingredients (crushing the consomme cube by hand), cover with a lid, and turn on the heat..
- Cover with a lid but keep a crack open, and simmer under low heat for at least 20 minutes. Occasionally stir it with a spoon, and ladle the soup onto the cabbage rolls..
- Season with a bit of salt and pepper, transfer to a dish, garnish with parsley, and you are done ..
- Cross-section: The wieners peek out and say "Hi!" from inside!.
- f you are topping with cheese: Sprinkle with cheese after boiling, and cover it with a lid for 5 minutes over a low heat. It is done once the cheese melts ..
- I can't get enough of the gooey cheese!.