Our Family's Cabbage Rolls In Tomato Sauce.
You can have Our Family's Cabbage Rolls In Tomato Sauce using 20 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Our Family's Cabbage Rolls In Tomato Sauce
- You need 10 large of leaves Cabbage.
- You need of Patties.
- It's 300 grams of ●Ground beef and pork mix.
- You need 1 of ●Onion.
- You need 1 of ●Egg.
- It's 3 tbsp of ● Panko.
- It's 1 tbsp of ●Ketchup.
- It's 2 tbsp of ●Fresh cream (use milk if unavailable).
- Prepare 1 dash of ●Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Stewed sauce.
- It's 50 ml of ★Sake.
- Prepare 200 ml of ★Water.
- It's 1 can of ★Canned whole tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of cube ★Soup stock cubes.
- Prepare 1 of ★Bay leaf.
- You need 2 tbsp of ★Ketchup.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ★Soy sauce.
- It's 1 tbsp of ★Mirin.
- You need 1 of packet ★Shimeji mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
Our Family's Cabbage Rolls In Tomato Sauce step by step
- Cut a notch into the cabbage stem, and gently remove, taking care not to rip it. Bring plenty of water to a boil, boil until the cabbage leaves wilt, and drain in a sieve..
- Finely chop the onions, sauté until golden brown, and let cool. Slice off the cabbage stem in order to keep the cabbage the same thickness. Finely chop it..
- Add ● and the ingredients from Step 2 together into a bowl, and knead until it all sticks together. (Add the panko to the fresh cream.).
- Divide the meat into 8 equal portions, and mold into shape. Spread out a thoroughly dried cabbage leaf, and place a meat patty on top:.
- Roll once from the end nearest you, and fold..
- Wrap it up just like that..
- Stand it on its side, and tuck in the remaining bit of leaf inside..
- Please make sure to push it in tightly..
- It's okay once you have completely tucked it in and shaped it up..
- If the leaves are small or ripped, then stack 2 together and make 8 rolls..
- Turn them face down after rolling, and line them up in a pot leaving no openings. If there are gaps, fill it up with remaining cabbage leaves (To prevent it from falling apart)..
- Add the water and sake, and turn on the heat. After bringing it to a boil, add in the rest of the ★ ingredients and boil over a low heat for about an hour. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy!.