Golumpki (stuffed cabbage). Some people just call them "stuffed cabbage leaves" or even "cabbage casserole." Golumpkis are often served during the Christmas season among those of Polish heritage. These cabbage leaf rolls are filled with a mixture of seasoned meat and rice. They are draped in tomato sauce and baked.
Peel the cabbage layer by layer. In a large pot of boiling water, blanch the cabbage leaves a few at a time until they are pliable.… Golumpki (Stuffed Cabbage) Recipe. by CookEatShare Cookbook. Gołąbki [ɡɔˈwɔmpki] is the Polish name of a dish popular in cuisines of Central Europe, made from boiled cabbage leaves wrapped around a filling of minced pork or beef, chopped onions, and rice or barley. You can have Golumpki (stuffed cabbage) using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Golumpki (stuffed cabbage)
- It's 500 g of beef mince.
- Prepare 1/2 of a chopped onion.
- It's 2 of medium sized eggs.
- Prepare 2 tbs of paprika.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare to taste of Pepper.
- It's 3 tbs of meat seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 head of cabbage.
- It's 15 ml of white vinegar.
- You need 500 ml of marinara/napolitana/arabiata sauce.
A recipe for Polish stuffed cabbage in fried rice form. Stuffed Cabbage (Golumpki) recipe: Try this Stuffed Cabbage (Golumpki) recipe, or contribute your own. juice together. See more ideas about Cooking recipes, Polish stuffed cabbage, Cabbage rolls. · This recipe for Polish stuffed cabbage, or gołąbki, is made with with ground pork, ground beef, cooked rice, and. Mix the sauce ingredients until creamy and spoon over the finished golumpki.
Golumpki (stuffed cabbage) step by step
- Preheat an oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a tall pot, bring about 500ml water to boil and add vinegar.
- Peel the cabbage leaves off layer by layer and add into the boiling water.
- Boil the leaves until they're a little translucent not fully cooked.
- Take the leaves out and set aside.
- In a bowl add mince, eggs, chopped onion and spices and mix together add more seasoning to your like or taste. Add herbs and spices of your liking.
- Make about 7 large balls and roll them inside the cabbage leaves.
- Place stuffed cabbage into a oven proof pan.
- Top off with the tomato based sauce of your choice.
- Add the pan to the oven and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, grate cheese over it and put back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven again and serve.
Serve with rye bread and Polish sausage. Place each rolled golumpki into the pan on top of the sauce. In Eastern Europe, cabbage rolls are stuffed with all manner of pork, beef, rice, and buckwheat. Here you may to know how to roll golumpki. Watch the video explanation about How to cook Golumpki (Polish stuffed cabbage rolls) Online, article, story, explanation, suggestion, youtube.