Mince and cabbage stew. Minced meat (corned beef) and cabbage stew is a delicious sauce you'll surely enjoy, see recipe here. If you haven't done this yet, mince the beef or chicken or in a grind in a blender. Slice the cabbage to tiny strips, wash thoroughly with running water and strain in a sieve.
The Best Mince And Cabbage Recipes on Yummly Creamy Kohlrabi Soup With Spicy Soy Mince, Greek Stuffed Cabbage Leaves (lahanodolmades), Caldo De Res(mexican-style Beef Soup). A stew of cabbage with minced meat. You can cook Mince and cabbage stew using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mince and cabbage stew
- Prepare 500 grams of good quality beef mince (can use a mix of beef and pork mince as well).
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- You need 2 of carrots.
- It's 1 tbsp of flour.
- You need 150 ml of water.
- You need 1 of Savoy cabbage.
- You need of Fresh dill (big handful).
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Baby / new potatoes.
- You need of Sour cream (optional).
- Prepare of Butter (optional).
Cabbage stew is a stew prepared using cabbage as a primary ingredient. Basic preparations of the dish use cabbage, various vegetables such as onion, carrot and celery, and vegetable stock. Stewed cabbage with minced meat and spices in a dish on the table. Cajun Cabbage Stew - a stew of ground pork or beef, andouille sausage, cabbage, the trinity of onions, bell pepper and celery, potatoes and carrots, in a chicken or beef broth base with Rotel tomatoes.
Mince and cabbage stew instructions
- Shred the cabbage..
- Brown the diced onion and mince, add shredded carrots. Season with plenty of salt and pepper. Add the tablespoon of flour to the mix..
- Add the shredded cabbage and hot water. Leave to cook on a low to medium heat for 20-30 minutes..
- Season with plenty of fresh dill. Serve with new potatoes and a good dollop of sour cream..
There isn't anything Earth shattering about this stew. Stir in water and broth, bring to a boil. Cabbage Stew might be just the soup you are searching for. It will be a hit at your Autumn event. This is a close approximation of what I would consider a typical New Zealand mince stew.