You can have Cabbage Rolls using 15 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cabbage Rolls
- Prepare of This is not my own recipe 😊😊...i didnt cook the rolls n the sauce.
- You need of stuffed cabbage dolmas.
- You need of Ingredients:.
- You need 2 of medium heads green cabbage (about 5 pounds), cored, leaves carefully removed and reserved.
- You need 4 tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 of ⁄2 cup tomato paste.
- It's of Kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 lb. of ground beef.
- It's 1 of ⁄4 cup short-grain white rice.
- It's 1 of large yellow onion, minced (1 1⁄2 cups).
- You need 2 tbsp. of fresh cilantro leaves, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped.
- You need 4 tsp. of Dill.
- You need of Freshly ground black pepper.
- It's 2 of small tomatoes, preferably on the vine.
Cabbage Rolls step by step
- Instructions Trim away the thick stalks of the cabbage leaves as needed and reserve; keep the leaves intact. Cut any very large leaves in half. In a large pot of simmering, well-salted water (the water should taste like the ocean), add 3 to 4 cabbage leaves at a time and simmer until just pliable, 3 to 5 minutes; remove gently using a slotted spoon. Set aside to cool. Drain the water from the pot and add the butter. Heat over medium heat until melted, then whisk in the tomato paste.
- And 2 cups water until smooth. Season with salt, turn off the heat, and reserve. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, rice, onion, and the herbs; season with 3⁄4 teaspoon salt and 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper. In a large pot or Dutch oven, distribute the cabbage scraps in an even layer. Pour in the prepared tomato sauce and set aside. Working with one cabbage leaf at a time on a clean, flat work surface, place a scant 2 tablespoons. of the beef mixture in a 2-inch line in the bottom center of each.