Ground beef and Cabbage pockets. They also have many little pocket foods, and so, have many traditional recipes for fillings and doughs. From what I can tell, they didn't usually mix their To avoid that, I combined two of the filling ideas for a meat and cabbage filling. It's surprisingly flavorful for such a simple recipe.
Family members and friends of the family made these cabbage pockets, sometimes called Krautbrot or Bierocks. This is a perfect food for lunches, as it is self. This hearty combination of seasoned ground beef, bell pepper, tomatoes, and cabbage is a simple main dish that will serve a small crowd. You can cook Ground beef and Cabbage pockets using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ground beef and Cabbage pockets
- It's of Dough.
- Prepare of Store bought dough.
- It's of or.
- You need 3 cups of All Purpose flour.
- It's 1 cup of cold water or enough to make a firm dough.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare of Filling.
- You need 500 g of Ground beef/ mince.
- Prepare 1 of quater of a small Cabbage.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of Chilli flakes.
- It's 1 of teaspoonCoriander.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Curry Powder.
- It's 1 teaspoon of Ginger powder.
- You need of Salt.
- You need 1/2 of Green pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Carrot chopped into small pieces.
- You need of Dip.
- Prepare of Durky sauce or Sweet Chilli or Sweet and sour sauce.
Serve steamed rice or fluffy mashed potatoes with this ground beef and cabbage casserole to make a complete meal. I found a similar recipe many years ago and experimented with my own version until I had it just right. Because we're concerned with calories/fat, I used ground turkey sausage instead of the beef and pork. The Best Ground Beef Pockets Recipes on Yummly
Ground beef and Cabbage pockets instructions
- Prepare your dough and set aside.
- Cook the filling: sauté onions till golden brown add all seasoning, stir for few minute add mince, stir till mince is slightly brown, add cabbage, carrot and green pepper. Once cooked, set aside..
- Roll out your dough into small discs and scoop mince into the dough..
- Fold the dough to form small pockets. Heat your oil and then start deep frying..
- Once cooked, place it on the kitchen towel to drain all the cooking oil..
- Serve it with a sauce of your choice as a cocktail or as a starter..
- I had it with sweet chilli sauce hmmmm...Scrumptious🙌🙌🙌.
Easy Ground Beef Enchiladas, Ground Beef And Potato Gratin, Ground Beef Salad. This easy dinner recipe is budget friendly, and kids love it, too! Cooking meals like Ground Beef and Cabbage is a simple way to stretch your grocery budget without sacrificing flavor. This fast and easy Beef and Cabbage Stir Fry is a filling low carb dinner with big flavor and endless possibilities for customization. Honestly, I think pork or even ground turkey would work just as well or better, and will most likely be less expensive than beef.