Halupki's. Halupki, also known as stuffed cabbage on the Russian/Ukranian side of my family, is a dish made of rice, beef, and pork encased in cabbage drizzled with a thin, sweet tomato sauce. Halupki Stuffed Cabbage Rolls are a traditional Eastern European dish. Chop onions and sauté in butter until translucent.
Try this delicious for Slovak stuffed cabbage (also known as holubky or halupki). It's made with ground beef and pork, sauerkraut, paprika, and tomato sauce. When my family gets together, someone's showing up with a giant pot of Halupki's. You can have Halupki's using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Halupki's
- You need 1 head of Cabbage.
- It's 2 lb of Ground beef.
- It's 2 of Onions.
- Prepare 2 cup of White rice.
- It's 1 of as needed White vinegar.
- It's 1 of Salt and pepper.
- It's 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 1 of as needed Tomato sauce.
- It's 1 of as needed Cabbage water.
It's a family tradition and they're incredibly comforting to my grandfather. We still eat haluski, halupki, pierogies, etc. I guess it's just something our families picked up from living in the area. I grew up on haluski, peroghi, halupki, vereniky etc.
Halupki's step by step
- Boil cabbage until soft. Save water..
- Chop onions and sauté in butter until translucent..
- Mix together ground beef, uncooked rice, onions, egg, and salt & pepper..
- Place ground beef mixture on a cabbage leaf and roll up..
- Place Halupki seam side down in crock pot and/or casserole dish. Cover with vinegar and/or tomato sauce and add some cabbage water..
Revisiting this movie and these scenes after Endgame gets me right in the feels. Halupkis (With a Bear Story) This is actually a Mrs Bear Story, but I get to share in the rewards. Halupki. click here to see more like this. Check out halupki's art on DeviantArt. A roll of cabbage stuffed with beef,rice and pork, drizzled with a tomato sauce.